Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controlling Hours of Access to Embedded Network Camera

Thanks

It depends on how it is set up. If allowed (by the hosts) you could simply go into the source code of your new site, grab the code that embeds the video, and put that on the new site. Might work, might not (based on whether anything more complex is going on there).

Alternatively, you could use an iframe, perhaps with some Javascript to align the video in the right place, and frame the other page well.

I'd suggest contacting the hosts for support, since this is a service they provide, right? Or is it something you worked out yourself?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    It depends on how it is set up. If allowed (by the hosts) you could simply go into the source code of your new site, grab the code that embeds the video, and put that on the new site. Might work, might not (based on whether anything more complex is going on there).

Alternatively, you could use an iframe, perhaps with some Javascript to align the video in the right place, and frame the other page well.

I'd suggest contacting the hosts for support, since this is a service they provide, right? Or is it something you worked out yourself?
    Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, I think the source code would get me back to where I started, and then I would still have the issue of Website Tonight not supporting php. I'm using an iframe to embed, but I'm getting more than the video. I have gotten it down to only a couple of items appearing above the video, so if someone could point me in the right direction for Javascript to align the video to some degree, that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Just another quick note:

This is now up and running, and pretty much the way I wanted it. Thanks for all your help! A link to one of the cameras (there are eight) is below:

http://www.mywheatenterrier.com/Channel_One.html