Thread: Slideshow in Blogger

Thanks

Default Slideshow in Blogger

Hi guys. I am currently working on a blogspot (in blogger) and I want to put a slideshow. The type of slideshow that I want is a manual slideshow with custom buttons and current image index/total images info shown.

What I am basically looking for is a slideshow similar to the bottom right one shown in the link below, but without the persistent description panel.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

Can someone sent me the full code since I am new with these things. I have been trying for the last month to find an answer but I could not find anywhere on the net. I have 12 images that I want to put in my slideshow.

Please help..

Kind Regards
    Varnis

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You can install the code for the provided 2nd sample slideshow (2nd in the sample code creates something like the live demo in the bottom right position) and there are 2 ways in which to disable the description bar - either don't define any descriptions in the imagearray[] and just use;
    Code:
    ["http://mywebsite.com/path/to/img.jpg"],
    or set descreveal to none;
    Code:
    descreveal: "none",
    The full code is provided in the DD demo page so install it as-is in your website to begin with, and then work through stripping out the parts for the other demo that you don't need.

Sadly I not familiar with Blogger so I don't know to what extent you can manipulate template code directly, or whether they provide input boxes that allow custom blocks of code to be added, so you will need to consult the documentation or maybe ask somebody from the Blogger community for advice on doing that.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

Hi and thank you very much for your reply.
    Where do I have to copy the first code? I have copied it below the <HEAD> command in my blogger's html code, and when I click save it says ''Error parsing XML, line 34, column 112: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.''

Please help ;/ I am a noob with these things...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry but I am unfamiliar with Blogger. We've had a few Blogger related questions in the last few days and from what I can glean, I'm starting to think that its something like MySpace where you only have very limited backend access. (Its hosted by Google right?)

Unless there is some kind of detailed online documentation or other customisation websites where you can search for advice, the only thing I can sensibly suggest is to ask the Blogger community directly. I would imagine they have their own forums so there seems to be the most logical place to seek help as they will have a much better understanding of what can and can't be done.
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |

Thanks

I have a sample of the script using the images forward and backwards here http://www.web-user.info/test/test/1.html

Is that what you are looking for?
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think (although I could be entirely wrong) that the biggest hurdle is with Blogger only allowing very limited backend access? I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like users can only insert limited code into pre-defined areas, which drastically reduces the customisation possibilities? Im guessing that due to Blogger being hosted by a 3rd party, (ie Google) it seems that they can't openly edit all of the template code (like you can when you download and install Joomla or Wordpress on your own web host) so installing additional scripts, exactly where desired, is proving to be problematic. Like I say though, I could be totally wrong but that's how things are coming across based on the other Blogger related questions we've had recently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajfmrf View Post
    I have a sample of the script using the images forward and backwards here http://www.web-user.info/test/test/1.html

Is that what you are looking for?
    Hi

Yes this is what I am looking for but I want the images to change automatically as well, and also once all the images are shown, the slideshow should start again. Is it possible that we can do that?

Kind Regards