Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yikes,I am heading to the next level

Thanks

Just this forum for me-I visit it 20-40 times a day I would guess.

I don't think many people are aware of the lounge where more casual topics are allowed and encouraged.

I try to help when I can if I see a post that is something I might be helpful with but I am sometimes intimidated by the knowledge some of you have. I am not an expert in anything by any means but feel that after all the help I have received that I owe to try and reciprecate.

As I write this the font and images are increasing in size so much that I am loosing the location to see what I have typed.I use windows 7 and the latest version of ff-any suggestions??

I am asking because it is happening now as I do this post.I am at a loss why this happens once a week or so?????
    Thanks,

Bud

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The font thing sounds very odd. I mainly browse on ie9/windows 7 or mercury browser/iPhone/ios6 so I haven't come across the wierdy increase. Have you noticed that happening on any other browsers?

I have to agree with your sentiments about returning help and feeling a little intimidated sometimes. I think that we all have our strengths though and being willing to offer help as well as admit that you need it at times is very admirable. I like to think that it puts us in a slightly better position for receiving the right help when we need it too because we've taken the time to get to know those 'in the know' and lighten a bit of the workload on the big guys

Outside of code-world I only really hang around/mod a doll collectors site (JemCon) but inside of code-world, aside from DD, I do enjoy following Smashing Magazine and Specky Boy
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks

By far I visit this forum more than any other, but I do dabble in about a dozen others where I only have maybe a dozen or so posts. I'm a bit of a hermit that way

P.S. I like your new avatar Beverly
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thank you James

That pic was 'best of 87' ha, ha - I'm not very photogentic.
    http://backinshape.jemcon.org/userfi...ember-2012.jpg
    I had to do some cleavage-control in Photoshop because one was saying a little bit more than 'hello boys'
    ('Cleavage-control' versus the more commonly use Photoshop term, 'touch-up', for obvious reasons, LOL)
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |

Thanks

I can't tell that the picture was edited at all! What do you mean by 'best of 87'?

I am not very photogenic either. This avatar is the only picture of myself that I have put online and there are very few others besides that one. I do hope to get at least one more of myself up here in the gallery next month.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Me and my sis went on a mission to get some nice pics for my dad yesterday, so we literally took 87 photos, and that was the best one. You know what it's like when you keep blinking or fake-smile and one side if your face goes all squiffy? That's what I'm like 99% of the time!

Thanks

KB and Beverley, the other side to that is that it does make the forum a more active place and brings in new members. I think the main reason DD works is because it's attached to the DD scripts help section-- that brings in a lot of new people, and otherwise it wouldn't really be set apart from other web design sites (not that I'm saying it's not better than many of them-- I think it is).
    I agree though that it's nice to chat with the regular users and get to know people a bit more than just talking about code (or whatever the topic may be).

ajfmrf, I don't know about the fonts. I haven't experienced that. Is there any chance you're unintentionally zooming in with the trackpad? I know that at least on a mac if you move your thumbs to the wrong spot while typing once in a while a "gesture" can occur on the trackpad-- for me the most common issue is inadvertently going 'back' in the browser while typing a reply to a post. If not, this is something ddadmin should know. I can't replicate it (on a mac).

Beverley, yes I spend a bit of time other places. This is by far the forum I've spent the most time at over the years, but there have been a few others along the way-- a while ago one (or three) for filmmaking (one that I started, which had a decent life for about 3-4 years), a couple random ones here and there, more recently one for linguistics (where I've just become a mod to help play whack-a-mole with the spammers), and my own site for language learning which is still in beta mode-- no userbase yet, but most of the site is ready to go-- I just have too little time to get it to that next level at the moment, but soon I hope!

And by the way, your pictures seem to turn out fine on here, even if it does take 87 tries
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    So are you guys members of other forums as well as DD?
    I do a lot of hanging out at scifi-meshes.

As for coding, you can find me at css-tricks and phpbuilder. I answer questions at stackoverflow when I can, but I mostly spend my time there reading other people's answers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yep - DD is my fave too. The script-to-script-help forum overlap must really help get people talking/contributing. It's certainly the reason why I first signed up.

Dan, your language learning site sounds very interesting. I know you speak more languages that I can comfortably get my head around so I'm thinking that your work could be a useful learning tool for the foreign language students at the school where I work. Let us know when the link is available and I'll pass it on to our language dept.

Yey, James is going to take some photos for his new avatar. The pic you had/have on your church site is nice too - I saw you peeking out from the back, pretending to be shy!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for those links traq - I see you're online at phpbuilder right now

I've never thought to sign up to another code forum but you might see me venturing out a bit more now.