Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to have a Featured Content Slider Code made that it highly customizable

Thanks

Default Trying to have a Featured Content Slider Code made that it highly customizable

I have been messing around with various codes trying to find something that I like. When I stumbled across this image http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/y...f550_large.jpg. The only problem is that it is a wordpress plugin. Is there anyway that someone can make a slider simular to it and how much would it cost?

Thanks

Thanks

I checked out the link and I think it would be good, but the truth is... I was hoping for something a little more easier to understand like they do it here. I don't even know where to begin with all that. Also, I was hoping to have the scroll thumbnails underneath as well, didn't see the option. I appreciate the link, but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

For 50 to 100 dollars I can set something like that up for you using the Content Slider if you're interested. However, tropical storm Sandy is headed right toward my region at the moment and forecasters are saying it will combine with the jet stream to produce an intense and disruptive storm the likes of which we haven't seen here in decades. If they're right it may take me a little while to get to this project.

If you want me to get started, send at least $25.00 US to:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/donate.htm
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you, I sent you $25 via paypal.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rogue View Post
    Thank you, I sent you $25 via paypal.
    Thank you, I got it. Like I said, I'm a little busy getting ready for the storm and have no idea what will happen when it gets here. Hopefully my area will be spared the brunt, it often is.

Anyways, just to be clear here, you want a content slider like feature as like the bottom of that image from your post. and for the top it's to feature one of the visible items from the slider in more detail, right?

If so, when does this happen? It can't really be when the content slides, as more than one item is visible at a time there. I would think that in addition to the content sliding, there would be a highlight of each visible item in it in turn for about 3 seconds each, that's when its detail would appear, unless you clicked on one of them, then its detail would be the detail shown. Then what happens? Does the slider resume after - say a 6 second pause, and/or is there a resume button to get things moving again?

Like the content slides every 9 seconds, showing three items that progressively highlight every 3 seconds until it's time to slide again, unless someone clicks on something. What should happen if they click on the detail? I would think that should either do nothing, or take them to another page with even more detail on that particular item. Sound good?

Speaking of which, do you have any content? This would be easier to lay out if I had some content to work with.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I am hoping to get something pretty much simular to this: http://preview.wp-themix.org/plugins/front-slider/ . The only reason I don't use that is because it seems to be designed for wordpress. I don't have wordpress. I am hoping to go independent of it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OK, with that setup the bottom part doesn't move at all without user interaction. As the page opens the top part is cycling automatically with highlighting in the bottom of which item is being detailed in the top. When highlighting moves beyond what's visible in the bottom, the user cannot see the highlighting or the active thumbnail unless they manually advance the bottom part. Once the user interacts by clicking on an item in the bottom part, that item is detailed in the top, the automatic motion stops and cannot be restarted unless the page is reloaded. If at any time the user clicks on the detailed content in the top, they are taken to another page, one that the detailed content in the top was describing. The only interplay between top and bottom is that items detailed in the the top are highlighted in the bottom and clicking on an item in the bottom puts that thumbnail's details into the top. The only automatic motion is that of the details rotating in the top until a thumbnail in the bottom is clicked, at which point that stops. The only other user interaction is hovering over the left and right arrows to manually move the bottom part. Doing that has no effect upon the top part.

That seems fairly easy to do.
    - John

Thanks

Fantastic. Storm of the decade permitted of course. Stay safe.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've been busy getting ready but for now the power is still on. I've also found time to get started with this project. The slider itself does all of those things except for animating the thumbnails onmouseover of arrows. But the transitions in the detail area aren't as smooth or fancy. I plan on using jQuery both to allow for the scrolling of the thumbnails and to smooth out and enhance the transitions in the detail area.
    - John