Thread: Smart Folding Menu tree

Thanks

Default Smart Folding Menu tree

Hi

I used the Smart Folding Menu tree script and put it into a frame (left) As you know if the body is now its own frame. When i click a link i set in the menu, it plays in the left frame. How do i get it to play in the body (frame) of the index file?

chris

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

As I know, the body is either the top page (if you've used an iframe), or there is no body per se, just other frames (unless you named one of them 'body', which is a bad idea). So, are you using a frameset page or iframes?

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format for asking a question.
    PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Sir, this is a top frame called "top" (for a banner), a left frame (for the menu) called "left" and a body frame. Again, when i click on a link in the left frame, the linked clicked shows in the left frame. I would prefer that it shows in the body frame. Is this possible? ANd if so, what bit of code do i use.

thanks

chris

Thanks

I believe it is a frameset cause it asked me to save all the frames - Top, Left, Body.

I would have posted a link except this is not uploaded yet to any server UNTIL i get it right.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

a top frame called "top" (for a banner), a left frame (for the menu) called "left" and a body frame.
    And what is the body frame called?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

the body frame is called body. I just used these names because this is my first time using frames. The file that contains all the frames(top, left, body) is called index.

in the meantime, i tried something else. i started a new file, inserted a 1 row, 2 column table. in one column, i have the menu and in the other, i have the text. problem now is with this part of the code:

<ul id="foldinglist" style="display:none" style=&{head};>

i got this from the dynamic page (copied and pasted), and it works when previewed in a browser. but because of the length of the above code, it will not allow me to adjust the column size in. Is it because table columns will not adjust or word wrap? No wrap is NOT selected so i would expect that it would let me adjust it as close or as wide as i wanted. Just confused more now.

c

Thanks

about the code above (highlighted in design view), it says it is a duplicate attribute , but again, i did copy and paste it directly from dynamic and it does work in the preview window. It just will not allow me to adjust the column inward for some reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Best to stick to one problem at a time. With the frames setup, rename the body frame. The word 'body' should be reserved for the body of a non-frameset page. Call the frame 'main' for example. Now all you need to do is target it with your links. Since you still have not supplied a link to the DD script in question, as requested, I will show you how, generally, to target the 'main' frame with a link:

HTML Code:
    <a href="some.htm" target="main">Link Text</a>
    If the links in the script do not look at all like the above:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format for asking a question.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate