Thread: Header is escaping from "div" container.

Thanks

Default Header is escaping from "div" container.

Hi all,
    I am having little trouble here with my website "Header". I assume it is related to margin-top. And it is happening only with firefox. In IE9 and google chorme it works fine.Here is my test website http://www.dublinawamileague.net46.n...committee.html . Please view this with "Firefox" then you can find wheres the problem is ? This website header is escaping from the containg div. I tried to fix that with giving
    HTML Code:
    <div margin-top: -15px>
    after the <body> but it didnt work.

On the top of this page in element selector I also tried to balance this with
    HTML Code:
    /* ~~ Element/tag selectors ~~ */

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p {
    	margin-top: 0;	 /* removing the top margin gets around an issue where margins can escape from their containing div. The remaining bottom margin will hold it away from any elements that follow. */
    	padding-right: 15px;
    	padding-left: 15px; /* adding the padding to the sides of the elements within the divs, instead of the divs themselves, gets rid of any box model math. A nested div with side padding can also be used as an alternate method. */
    }
    . But it didnt work too.Is there any way that I can fix this. I have few pages in this website that I gotta fix for "Firefox" viewer. Can you please help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Alak

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I remember a similar question was asked not long ago. The trick was to put<br> before the escaping element.
    In your case, try to put <br> before <div class="container" ....
    (Firefox sometimes treats divs as inline elements that are seen as block elements by other browsers).
    Arie Molendijk.
    Last edited by molendijk; 10-10-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Adding a line

Thanks

Thanks Molen, Yes, it has been asked before but that was sorted out without given any <br>. It was margin-top-15px. So I was thinking there might be less or more points need to be added with that may be -20px or -10 px. But the above error has been sorted out with <br>. Thanks again.