Thread: A page with multiple video players (youtube) each having playlists with thumbnails

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default A page with multiple video players (youtube) each having playlists with thumbnails

Some time ago, I was asked here to create a page with multiple video players (youtube) each having playlists with thumbnails, as a replacement for the youtube app on iOS for showing youtube playlists with thumbnails, which doesn't work seem to work well (on ipad/iphone). I made something that turned out to not exactly be what the person asked for. I forgot all about it until I suddenly had an idea on how it might be done. Here is the result, with lots of explanations. (I hope this is what was asked for).
    Arie Molendijk.

Thanks

Seems to be working for me. (If you recall a similar demo page crashed Firefox for me. Maybe it was something else on that other page that wasn't working.)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks Daniel, that's very helpful. I'll rebuild the other demo you're referring to along the lines of this demo. (This demo has different divs for different playlists. The 'crash-provoking' demo had one div for all the playlists). Although FF didn't crash on my computer with the other demo, I now know how to make it safer. Thanks,
    Arie.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

tested and working in; safari 5.1.7, google chrome 22.0.1229.79, internet explorer 9 and opera 12.02
    The only issue appears to be:
    in opera, the div full of video icons is not high enough, and the bottoms of the icons are being cut off.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bernie1227 View Post
    in opera, the div full of video icons is not high enough, and the bottoms of the icons are being cut off.
    Yes, I noticed that too. It's because of the horizontal scroll bar, I think. It's no real problem, because it's only noticeable after viewing the page with other browsers too. But if it's annoying, I could repair this with a if(window.opera) line.
    Thanks,
    Arie.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think that it is noticeable enough to be worthwhile changing, simply for script compatibility if nothing else.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie