Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: DD Social Thread (v1)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I like it's plugins more.
    I like it's ui more.

And you can't turn private browsing on permanetly in Chrome

Thanks

I like the old FF UI more than any other (including the current FF UI).

I like the plugins available. I'm not sure that all of it will be available in Chrome. But I'll take a look at some point.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard1333 View Post
    I like it's plugins more.
    I don't really get that one because almost all plugins on firefox have a counterpart on chrome and vice-versa.
    I like it's ui more.
    Theme control is much more prominent in google chrome, so you can change the browser to how you want it to look rather than what mozilla wants it look, and with the whole Firefox trying to imitate Chrome deal, I wouldn't be so surprised if that started becoming very true ui wise as well. My advice there, get used to looking at chrome's better ui.
    And you can't turn private browsing on permanetly in Chrome
    1) You can
    2) The only people who turn on private browsing (or incognito mode) are those who have something to hide. That's not a good thing.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure you can't turn incognito mode on permantatly...
    And actually, it'd got nothing to do with hiding something...
    It's more to do with stopping websites tracking you...

My advice there, get used to looking at chrome's better ui.
    I just said I prefer firefox's. Therefor Chrome's isn't better in my opinion rendering that statement null. I don't want to get used to it anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Actually you can. Besides, private browsing won't stop pekoe tracking you, it just clears cookies at the end of browsing and doesn't take history.

My statement is not null, as in my, and in many other people's opinion, the chrome ui is far better. As I said before, you can customise it as much as you want. You can make your own themes.

IMO, and many other people's opinions, traq being one of them, Chrome's devtools are far superior.
    IMO, and many other people's opinions, Chrome's ui is superior.
    IMO, and many other people's opinions, Chrome is better.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Let's not argue about opinions. You can't really think you're going to convince anyone, right? (And to the extent that it's relevant, I strongly prefer FF3's theme to any others. And about 70,000 users of current versions of FF agree, based on the number of downloads on the add-ons site!)

I have no idea about the devtools. That's fine for web design, but I'm more concerned with my daily life on the net. For example, visiting DD. What's best for that? Unrelated to the devtools.

For the UI, it's personal preference, and that's really the central thing for which one will be my main browser (plus, of course, basic standards and reliability!).

For "better", well, who knows anyway? That's a vague question.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    number of downloads on the add-ons site!)
    I wouldn't bring download numbers into it, chrome web store has racked up a fair number as well.
    I have no idea about the devtools. That's fine for web design, but I'm more concerned with my daily life on the net. For example, visiting DD. What's best for that? Unrelated to the devtools.
    I find that chrome offers quite a good browsing experience as compared to other browsers.
    For "better", well, who knows anyway? That's a vague question.
    All we need is for some psychologist to figure out a test for the best browser, then we can drag up the old arguments. As long as there are web browsers, users will try and convince other users that their browser is better. You and keyboard are no different.
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bernie1227 View Post
    I wouldn't bring download numbers into it, chrome web store has racked up a fair number as well.
    You're missing the point of Daniel's statement. He's saying that a lot of people prefer the FF3 UI

Quote Originally Posted by bernie1227 View Post
    All we need is for some psychologist to figure out a test for the best browser, then we can drag up the old arguments. As long as there are web browsers, users will try and convince other users that their browser is better. You and keyboard are no different.
    If only

You can customise firefox completly as well...

Also, other people's opinions don't matter.
    Every single person in the world can think Safari is the best browser, but it still won't make me like it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Also, other people's opinions don't matter.
    That has to be the most wildly innacurate statement of the whole thread.
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

MS updates their browser pretty frequently as well. These are (if you have them turned on) part of the automatic update process of Windows.

I don't think that frequent updating is bad. It's what the updates are. They are after all a part of the browser. Software cannot stand still. A browser needs to continually fix bugs and plug security holes as they appear and are resolved. Adding speed and features is nice as well but not as critical.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate