Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: DD Social Thread (v1)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I definately agree there, I remember when daleks could be foiled by putting a cloth over the eyestalk
    I find the Steven Moffat thing interesting though, In my opinion, he's written some of the weakest plots, as well as my favorite episodes of all dr. Who (namely, 'Blink').

Edit:
    That site has some good potential, css is a bit weak though.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

True about the site, but as far as content it gives me exactly what I'm looking for . There are many other encyclopedic Doctor Who websites out there and they can be good as reference sites, but I have seen every episode a great many times. They are useful to me if I want to learn about the audio dramas of the show or comic books or novels.

How are you familiar with the original series of Doctor Who? For the average person it is rather difficult to get into most of those episodes, especially the early B&W ones.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

as far as content goes, I'll be sure to refer to that site now
    It reminds me a little bit of the BBC doctor who site, although, for some reason, the BBC one only does Matt Smith's series? Or is that just my bad website navigating skills?

I just like the older series' better really (I'm not the biggest fan of Matt Smith, (to which Keebs will of course protest)).
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

PROTEST!!!

Kidding... my favourite is Tennant, but I've never really watched any of the older doctors (I've got a couple of episodes at home that I should watch).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

what are we classifying as older here, pre-eccleston?
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Try looking here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0/episodes/guide for a more complete listing of Dr. Who episodes.

Older is anything pre-Eccleston.

The BBC site you are referring to has been revamped many times. I hope they settle on one version some time. The BBC site is also good as far as official Dr. Who info, history and trivia. There is a wealth of information there if you know how to navigate the site. Unfortunately it is not always the easiest to navigate.
    Last edited by james438; 10-07-2012 at 06:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So it was just my terrible site navigation then
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

<complaining style="state:tired;project:incomplete;">
    Does anyone else have a bad habit of getting into ridiculously complicated math to solve what should (maybe) be something fairly simple to program? I find myself doing it a lot.

At the moment I'm in the middle of building a PHP+HTML graphing utility for some data analysis I'm doing and figuring out some of the logic behind it is driving me insane. Actually, I'm not even really focusing on math at the moment, just 3-layer loops for collecting the data and so forth.
    </complaining>
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 3,189 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just set up a couple of complicated timeout loops for some created jQuery methods to handle problems in IE 8 and 7 that I then immediately discovered could be handled with css and markup that other browsers like just fine. To make matters worse, the most complicated one wasn't needed at all. Not sure how I missed that initially on that one. The other was because I was trying to find css and markup that would be functional regardless of whether one or the other or both weren't used. So I settled on a compromise - both or neither. Really simplifies the code.

But typing this, I may go part way back, just in case someone tries the same css/markup I initially did.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To join in the complaining, I made a very nice complicated always on top script, before Bernie pointed out that you could achieve the same effect with about 2 lines of CSS

And Daniel, once I started making a php script to calculate someones age from their date of birth. I wrote out all the math ( it still would not work ) before traq pointed out that there was a built in function in php to do that >