Advanced Search

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: DD Social Thread (v1)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

the dev tools are fantastic.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know..... That's why I'm fond of them :P
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Interestingly, no one is defending FF.... silly Mozilla.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wait for keyboard, as a very new FF user, he'll most likely defend Firefox rather vehemently :P
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

What I mean is that I'm usually the biggest advocate of FF over all other browsers. But now I'm really tired of it. About ready to move on.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So you're likely to go to chrome then?
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

YOU DISLIKE FIREFOX!?!?
    HOW DARE THOU INSULT MY HONOUR!!!

Thou cream faced loon. Where got'st that goose look?
    Could I come near your beauty with my nails I'd set my ten commandments in your face.

Joking... you don't look at all like a goose and I'd never hurt your face. Please don't report me for flaming

And whoever said my book of Shakespearian insults wouldn't be usefull?

But seriously, I do like firefox, and wouldn't use anything else... Actually, if I did have to use anything else, it'd probably be IE9.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard1333 View Post
    But seriously, I do like firefox, and wouldn't use anything else... Actually, if I did have to use anything else, it'd probably be IE9.
    Ignoring the flaming, I'm not a fan of either of those two browsers, and feel that chrome is going into a much better direction than ff or IE.
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Ah, so FF hasn't been abandoned by all. (And I'm still using it by the way, but mostly out of habit rather than true preference.)

Up until 6-12 months ago, I was FF's strongest supporter. (Although I had a couple add-ons enabled to fix the recent "improvements" in UI.) But I've grown increasingly more tired of bothering with it. I believe the proper metaphor is "rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic"... the ship's going down, so I may as well move over to Chrome. At this point I think it's a question of when, not if. Although I'd be happy to stay with FF if it took a significant change in direction to go back to what used to be great about it and didn't keep copying Chrome and releasing a new version every month!!

Bernie, arguably IE is headed in the best "direction" in the sense that it's improving so much with each new release. The change from IE5 through IE10 is profound. It's still far from my preference (regardless, I don't use Windows), but I have to give it at least that much credit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

IE10 is built for the masses. That basically says all I could say about it.

I still don't know why keyboard insisted on going to firefox instead of chrome..
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie