Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: DD Social Thread (v1)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bernie1227 View Post
    I didn't even know it was thanksgiving.....
    I dropped by a few times and wondered why nobody had posted in about 12 hours

The TV situation sounds crazy. And camping to grab a bargain? I thought the Brits had queuing in the bag, but that takes the biscuit.

Hope your shoulder gets better quickly traq. You didn't do it through lugging any heavy Thanks Giving bird out the oven, did you?
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Blog Entries

nah, it's a old problem that gets aggravated every so often. And thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

One of John's attacks of comic wit:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...19-Funny-Stuff
    Ha, ha - I enjoyed those. I sent the link to my dad - he's taking a printout down the pub to amuse the regulars!
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by traq View Post
    nah, it's a old problem that gets aggravated every so often. And thanks!
    Urk! Those 'war injuries' that keep coming back to haunt you are the worst. My boyf has a dodgy shoulder too - its getting so twitchy that he just has to sleep in the wrong position and it pops out. He loves climbing too, which is a weird one because if he builds it up over time, it actually helps strengthen his shoulder, but then if goes at it a bit to quickly, POP!, and he's stuck on the sofa again for a while.

Oh, to be 12 again, where we could run around all day, hang out of trees, and enjoy a quick round of fisticuffs with the brat down the street, without anything more than a scuffed knee. We must be getting old.

Thanks

I dropped by a few times and wondered why nobody had posted in about 12 hours
    Yes, everyone was too full of turkey to type!
    (Or waiting in line...)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I fell like I must have been missing out on some quality tv prices....
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

<complaint style="ranting;">

Firefox is now asking me to update to "version 17.0.1". YAY!!!! (Not.)

Why, Mozilla, why??

Here's a nice graphical representation (though a bit tall) of the mistakes Mozilla has made over the past 2 years. Since 2012 is almost over, perhaps it's time to commemorate the death of Firefox as it grows older and older and slowly, but now more rapidly, approaches retirement and soon after is gone from the web forever. (Mozilla is probably unaware of this; they think they're doing just a great job releasing a new version of the browser every few weeks. Right...)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_web_browsers

And Chrome isn't innocent either. But at least, as far as I can tell, it's not actually becoming worse with each update. But who in their right mind would release a new software version every few weeks????

I rarely have anything nice to say about IE or Microsoft, but M$ really has figured this one out-- release a new browser every year or two. And at least, despite many problems earlier, the new releases of IE are significant improvements. With Firefox it's usually "we moved menu X somewhere you can't find it, haha!", and with Chrome, I suppose it must be "now there's even less in the browser!".

</complaint>
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    suppose it must be "now there's even less in the browser!".
    I think that's fairly incorrect actually, I have not noticed any less functionality than the day I began using it.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

I meant the "Chrome", not the underlying functionality

After all, in a few more releases of FF, I'll probably be using Chrome anyway, so it better be good! Haha.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm particularly fond of the dev tools and the plugins
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie