Advanced Search

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: DD Social Thread (v1)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard1333 View Post
    To join in the complaining, I made a very nice complicated always on top script, before Bernie pointed out that you could achieve the same effect with about 2 lines of CSS
    Code:
    #always_ontop {
    position: fixed;
    Bottom: 0px;
    }
    @daniel, I've had my fair share of doing that kind of thing, namely tracking, incrementing and de-incrementing at the appropriate time inside a dynamic width area..... In python.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KB
    I wrote out all the math ( it still would not work ) before traq pointed out that there was a built in function in php to do that >
    Haha, I do that sort of thing all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie
    @daniel, I've had my fair share of doing that kind of thing, namely tracking, incrementing and de-incrementing at the appropriate time inside a dynamic width area..... In python.
    That actually sounds a lot like part of what I was dealing with, trying to set up a multi-level div layout for a graph (not using tables!! but it's harder, haha).

Alright, back to it. I hope to finish this part of the project today. And maybe later I'll tackle adding the lines connecting the dots on the graph, all in pure HTML...
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

a four year old with a crayon can go a long way with connect the dots Daniel
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

But a crayon made of HTML?!
    (As the day goes on, my thoughts are becoming less and less coherent. Back to debugging...)

Edit: now I just changed a few things that weren't working, then they didn't work, so I changed them back. And now it works.... wonderful! And just as confusing as before. But it works (part of it anyway). I might have changed a <= to a < or something like that. Alright...
    Last edited by djr33; 10-11-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I can do you a css crayon?
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crayon Label
    <crayon style="sky blue" />
    The new way for kids to learn HTML... think of the potential!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

toys r us bring out their new range of html editors!
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Can anyone actually make a crayon with css? (it has to have stripes and be pointy).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

read the thread about diagonal lines :P
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

My random thought of the day: web design is so much easier with the web. That is, when I'm doing any kind of web design, I'm always using the web to research it and look up new techniques/functions/etc. If we were to be doing web design without the web (I have no idea why we would be) it would be much harder.... haha
    It's like circular logic! But the good kind.

I guess there is a real-life example, though-- anyone who was a programmer in the '80s-- trying to write code without any way to talk to others about what's going on or to look up similar problems others have had. Your best tool would be a couple books. Scary thought!

Sounds like being asked to write code with a pencil and paper with no notes!
    (If any programming instructors are reading this thread, I forbid you to use that idea on your students!!)