Thread: address bar img

Thanks

Default address bar img

Hey, I have been at this for a while but I never really figgured out how to add that lil image thats in the address bar.

You can see that D.D. has it on most of there pages I was just wondering what the code might be to do that.

Thanks
    - Kevin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,432 Times in 3,393 Posts
    Blog Entries

DD's FavIcon Generator page will not only explain how it is done but also help you make an image expressly for this purpose. Be sure to scroll down the page for information on installing your icon once you've made it.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

thanks! I didnt realize that dd had a page that would made it for me.

weird how it takes a few days for it to accually start working but its all good.

Thanks

quick question on the install icon tool your hosting the icon on your site and applying it to their site? is that why it takes a couple days to have it come up?

OK so I have another question is there a script that I could use to drop racing logo,that well resize them to a set size??

what I am saying it I know theres a script in mine that cunverts photos in to a smaller size to fit avitars. I have set up hot links to sites but the logos are huge some times its would be awesome to have a resizer that I could take a copyed image location/web address link and resize it to a thunb nail of ajustable size.

I was turned off on having other web sites loading things in a couple days. Like I said I now there is a script I dumped my avitar in to that resized it to settings I set.
    Last edited by XXSUPERHEROXX; 02-02-2006 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

quick question on the install icon tool your hosting the icon on your site and applying it to their site? is that why it takes a couple days to have it come up?
    No, the icon should be uploaded to the site it will be applied to. Its taking so long to appear is the fault of the browser cache.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!