Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Firefox is too slow...

Thanks

Haha. I suppose I could also ramble on about it for a while, though. It's an easy topic to complain about, especially when my complaining takes place inside the program I'm complaining about... if I get lucky, it'll freeze while typing and pause the cursor so I get to wait for the text to show up
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I still prefer firefox over chrome, not because of it's rendering or speed or anything like that, of its ui. I find it much easier to use compared to chrome...
    What do you guys think of the ui's of each of them?

Thanks

I like the FF3 UI. I don't like the newer one. But now I must use it because my "FF3-look" plugin was disabled with the latest version update.
    I don't like the Chrome UI. I don't like the Safari UI. IE is overall ok but seems either outdated (earlier versions with bad graphics) or childish (new versions). Thus, Firefox. But now that it's moving toward Chrome, I may as well switch over at some point.

For the record, FF is now better without the speed enhancement. Not much freezing.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm still using the speed enhancement... Still the same problems I mentioned earlier... but I deal with it.
    IMHO Safari should be destroyed.... It is the worst browser out of the big 5 (In my opinion).
    <= IE8 were pretty bad. IE9 is actually pretty good!
    I only recently got Opera and I haven't used it enough to value it against the rest of the 5.

I actually kind of like Firefox's UI asthetically...

Thanks

I don't hate Safari. But it seems kinda like a fake browser. It's like a lesser version of FF. On the other hand, it always is stable when I (rarely) use it. That's a plus, I guess. The UI is what I don't like; as a browser I guess it's fine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

For me, I find that it's just incredibly slow.

Thanks

I have no idea about Safari on a PC and I see no reason to bother installing it (except for web developers to check compatibility). It's always pretty slow on the iPhone but that's just the iPhone compared to a computer. On my Mac, it's around as fast as FF I'd say.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

In answer to the ui question, I far prefer the ui of chrome.

@daniel, they discontinued safari in windows, and in my opinion, it's pretty bad on both platforms.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

I used to prefer the UI of Firefox. But after all of its problems these days more or less forced me to get familiar with Chrome, I now prefer Chrome. That and the fact that the Firefox UI has in my opinion gone downhill lately, becoming more cumbersome with little or no added benefit.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

I completely agree, John, except that I haven't used Chrome enough to adjust to it. Would you still prefer the FF3 UI to Chrome's UI, or have you now been completely converted?