Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox is too slow...

Thanks

I'm not looking at all of them at once. It has to do with my browsing habits-- I usually open up every link on a forum at one time, then close the tabs as I get through them. That's one example. (I also have a bad habit of leaving tabs open, often for weeks a time, when I'm too busy to get to something but want to look at it or reply later.)
    Well, at some point I should probably try Chrome.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've got 16 tabs in Opera right now, and that's fine.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. I have 18 open in FF, and it's fast.
    But sometimes (I don't know why) it can slow things down, especially any sort of structural items, like opening a select in a form, or opening a new window.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beverleyh View Post
    I'm for Chrome too, and - dare I say it - IE9, but mainly because its the default one on my work PC. Its got better, but still not perfect... Maybe IE10 will have us all singing its praises (*cough*)
    actually, ie10 is kinda nice
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

From what I have heard ie10 has improved a lot with 9 and going into 10 as they become more standards compliant.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have ie10
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I only have IE10 dev plugged into IETester but I don't really see a great deal of difference between it and 9. I wonder how it will fare once its out in the real world - guess we'll find out later this year. Or maybe the middle of next year will be a better indicator once its been filtered out in the mainstream auto-updates? Can't beat everyday users for 'inventive' bug-discovery.
    Focus on Function Web Design | Latest News RSS | Facebook | Twitter |
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps |
    The only limit to creativity is imagination: JemCon.org

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, they really broke the mold to a great extent before making IE 9, resulting in a very much improved browser. I anticipate 10 to be more of the same. Too bad they can't update 8 with some of the common sense standards of 9. I mean, for XP users, they can't use 9, so they really need to use Chrome, Opera, or the Fox, etc. Perhaps an IE 9 for XP . . . But I doubt that will happen.

And it's really not all that important to me. I think it would be a smart move on MS's part. But the longer they wait, the less value it will have to them or to anyone.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlegg View Post
    Y'know... that actually works really well. I finally had a little time to try this without worrying about whether the browser would be stable, but luckily nothing bad happened so I didn't need to reinstall it or anything (I've been using it for about an hour now without trouble, but I'll post back here if something does come up).

Now FF is going as fast as I could expect. It still seems to have slight delays for processing reasons (eg, opening a new window), but the pages load must faster-- basically it makes the requests simultaneous instead of in a sequence.

Interestingly, I think this basically fixes FF for those who don't like it because it's slow. I'd guess Chrome (and other "fast" browsers) use similar methods.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

keyboard (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries