Thread: Combining "Image Power Zoomer v1.1" with "Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)"

Thanks

Default Combining "Image Power Zoomer v1.1" with "Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)"

Hi

I have used the Image Fade-in Slideshow script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm) successfully to create a manual slideshow where buttons are pressed to cycle through.

However, I want to add the Image Power Zoomer v1.1 script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...owerzoomer.htm) to the images in the slideshow.

The div for the slideshow is called "fadeshow1" and the power zoomer script says that you can apply the zoom effect to all images inside a div:

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function($){ //fire on DOM ready
    $('#gallerydiv img').addpowerzoom() //add zoom effect to all images inside DIV with ID "gallerydiv"
    })
    </script>

I tried this by simply putting "fadeshow1 img" where "#gallerydiv img" is above but this doesn't seem to work, it seems that the images in the image array of the slideshow are on top of the zoom "box".

I've attached the full script so take a look to see if I've got any major errors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Ryan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Thanked 3,192 Times in 3,155 Posts
    Blog Entries

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
     jQuery(document).ready(function($){ //fire on DOM ready
     $('#fadeshow1 .gallerylayer img').addpowerzoom() //add zoom effect to all images inside DIV with ID "gallerydiv"
     })
     </script>
    Would be the correct approach because the images in a gallery in an element with an id of fadeshow1 are in div's created by the script with a class of gallerylayer.

But the images that are to be zoomed must be being seen initially at less than their native resolution. Otherwise there's nothing to zoom to. And fadeslideshow.js makes no provision for showing its images at less than full resolution.

Something could probably be worked out though. I'm thinking the best approach would probably be to have smaller images in the slideshow and somehow initialize them to zoom to larger counterparts.

Do you have a set of images like that I could work with (smaller images for the slideshow, larger images for the zoom effect)?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate