Thread: Confirmation needed.

Thanks

Default Confirmation needed.

I have followed this script shown below but wondering if its done correctly by myself.
    I mean if i can send and email from it does that mean the scrambler is working as it should ?
    I ask as i am pretty good at not making things work as they should so just asking if it can be checked by somebody competent.
    Here is my "mailto" text <a href="mailto:westcountryphotozone[at]gmail.com">Contact Us By Email</a>

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...lscrambler.htm

Thanks
    Blog Entries

A link to your page will let us see for sure but if it's working for you and your source code is showing the mailto address with the '[at]' divider, then I would think its working properly.
    Last edited by Beverleyh; 09-18-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: terrible, terrible grammar today
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps

Thanks
    Blog Entries

of course, nowadays, it's unusual for a bot not to be smart enough to fix that and spam you anyway

Thanks

It doesn't have anything to do with the script-- the [at] substitution is so common on many pages (often requiring someone to change it manually) that bots are probably programmed to deal with it. So one option would be to use a different separator-- change it in the script and in the email addresses, just using a new symbol or phrase like "|", or whatever seems good to you. Bots still might guess, but not as much as with [at] or @ or AT.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

http://www.ianparsons.info/westcount...py%281%29.html

I have just changed the [at] to [~~]

Thanks

Looks like it's working fine

Remember: the only problem now is that anyone without Javascript won't be able to see the real email. But maybe they can guess, since it's fairly clear what is missing from the address.
    And obviously regarding bots, that's an advantage.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum