Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Copyright Script?

Thanks

I have noticed that all photos that did not allow to be uploaded are all 3872 x 2592 in size.

Thanks

Is that the largest size? It may just not be able to handle something that big. Generally speaking anything over 1000px (in either direction) is going to be a LOT of work for the server, even running it once. I'd highly recommend using another method if you don't have a dedicated server.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I will resize them then.

Did you read about any code available etc so only the watermarked photo is generated & not 3 photos.

Thanks

Thanks

No, but I imagine you could change that script to generate that if you want to modify it.
    I really think the best option for this is doing it on your computer and uploading the final images, but it's up to you. You'll have a lot more control that way.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I am uploading the photos with the watermarks.
    I just end up with a folder of 2 photos for each photos generated that i need to delete all the time,not a huge problem but nice if it only the generated the photo with the watermark.

I do not know how to write code to allow this to be possible.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'd just like to point out (if this hasen't already been said & it's relevant) that by keeping the original un-watermarked photo in on your webserver, the users can probably just navigate to that directory and download the un-marked one anyway.

Thanks

Only the photo with the watermark is used.
    Thanks anyway

Thanks

I'd just like to point out (if this hasen't already been said & it's relevant) that by keeping the original un-watermarked photo in on your webserver, the users can probably just navigate to that directory and download the un-marked one anyway.
    Technically, but not if they don't know where it is or don't even know to look for it.

Thanks

Hi djr33
    Are you able to edit the script so only the watermarked photo is generated ?

Thanks

I think this is something you should be able to do yourself. It will be much easier to figure it out within your system anyway. (And I'm too busy at the moment.)

I don't actually see where it saves all of these extra copies. It looks like that function just creates a new watermarked copy. So, instead of doing it that way, just don't save the original copy and then allow this to create the only copy. Or, the simple answer, use unlink() to delete the file after it's created. That's a bit indirect, but it would work.