Thread: best way to add a Word Press blog page into website?

Thanks

Question best way to add a Word Press blog page into website?

I will be making a website for a friend's charity group. She currently has a Word Press blog. The website will be just HTML, nothing all that special really. On one of the pages I wanted to have her WP blog embedded. I see upon seaching Google that using an iFrame really isn't the best.

What do you suggest as my best option?

I do not have her site even started, I was going to use one of my templates and just customize the HTML and fill it with her info.

thanks
    Mike

this is her WP page if it helps at all

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Either link directly to the blog or install the wordpress cms onto your site. Don't use an iframe. Those two are really your best options.

Thanks

Thanks, I did not know WP had a CMS. I personally haven't used WP.

Thanks

My suggestions (in addition to what keyboard said, and our ideas are similar):
    1. Use only WP for the entire site. Using WP doesn't mean that you can't add other content, if you do it in a slightly complex way. Then with WP as the base, you can still have the full site and go from there. WP isn't just for blogs and can actually build a decent site (with many limitations of course). Or (and I'm not sure here) if there's a WP CMS that can allow you to build a bigger site than just WP, that would be a good option too. I'm not that familiar with WP either.

2. Use an API for WP, or whatever equivalent they offer (or you can find online). An API is exactly what this is meant for. It's a way to request data or content from another source and to embed it within another page (or program, in some cases, for non-web-based use). For example, SMF forum software has an API that allows me to embed recent posts on my homepage-- I can see part of the forum within my homepage, and I don't have to do any major work. It saves a lot of time, and it's very clean because it's just part of the page.
    Note that this requires PHP, both as the format of your pages and that you know how to work with PHP in potentially some slightly advanced ways-- I don't know exactly how hard it is working with WP via an API.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

thanks for the thoughts, I will wait to here from my friend what she would like done and I will come back if I need more help.

you can lock this now if you want, or leave open if others have different thoughts

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think it would be easier to use API's rather than changing the whole theme of the website.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie