Advanced Search

Thread: Pop-up Window Stopped Working

Thanks

Default Pop-up Window Stopped Working

I'm not sure why my pop-up window just stopped working. I'm using a simple code - here it is:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function openpopup(popurl) {
    winpops = window.open(popurl,"","width=650, height=400, left=45, top=15, scrollbars=yes, menubar=yes, resizable=0")
    }
    </script>

<a href="javascript:Openpopup('http://www.geocities.com/omatkd/HolidayCelebration.htm')">Click here
    for more info...</a>

Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks

The function is case sensitive, you need to use either Openpopup or openpopup, in both sections.

Thanks

Actually the reason why the "O" in the second openpopup is in caps is because when I was posting this message the purple smilie face keeps appearing rather than "o" so I changed it. But in my acutal code both are the same....

Thanks

Hmmm.... IDK what to tell you, i just used it and it worked, i just changed the "O" to "o" and like you said, the one in your script is an "o" well, got me, sorry, but it works ok for me..

Thanks

Well I checked your site and the popup worked for me, using Firefox. I also tried in IE and it worked. The only problem I see is that 2 of your links (Math Trick, What's Your Sign?) have a semi-colon at the end of the javascript:
    <a href="javascript:Openpopup('http://www.geocities.com/omatkd/[page].htm');">
    If those 2 popups are the ones causing a problem, try removing it. If not, what browser are you using?

Thanks

Thanks for your response. I really don't know why it wasn't working at the time but now it is! Thanks again!