Thread: Thank you guys

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Thank you guys

Hiys guys,
    As you may or may not have noticed, I am currently sitting on 350 posts, i.e. I am now a senior coder, which I think has only taken me two or three months, a nd now looking at it, my post per day rate is only second to the two mods, Daniel and John, (John of course having one which no one will ever surpass.... Ever), and as keyboard quite aptly in pm,
    congradulations! You now officialy have no life!
    Which I thought was quite nice of him, and therefore responded by telling him that his spelling is a bit off.
    Anyways, to the real point of the thread, I'd like to thank the mods (or at least the ones who ever come on), for giving me warnings for quoting people (you know what im talking about john) ddadmin, for being ever enigmatic, keyboard, for being ever taunting, z1mbie, for literally thanking every post on any of his threads ever, and to the rest of the users, 98% of which never come on.
    In order to celebrate this rather non-momentous occasion, I'd like anyone who reads this thread, to post about your favorite post you've ever seen n dynamic drive forums.

I'll start with on that I found quite hilarious by John, which I quickly screenshotted in case he removed it, which he did a couple of minutes later.
    It was in a thread within which apache tech and John were both giving different advice to some poor confused newcomer in which John decided to post something along the lines of:
    If you decide to follow my advice, I will delete apache's posts from the thread, but if you decide to go with apache's advice, I will give you both my blessings and leave the thread.

I found this quite hilarious as it sounded very much like the wisened old moderator, giving his blessing for his only son, apache, to go and marry this newcomer, or some such.

Once again, I'd like to thank you all.
    Bernie
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Once again, I'd like to thank you all.
    Your welcome

From this thread

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheTech View Post
    *headdesk*

But, I couldn't help but laugh.
    Made my day! (you probably have to read through the thread to understand it)

And if I'm allowed a second -

From this thread

Quote Originally Posted by bernie1227 View Post
    You're welcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ahhh, those threads were quite a laugh as well, I'd have to say those were a close second and third, I remember the head desk quite vividly :P
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I love it how everyone means 1 person...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This happens with all my threads
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks

Hey!

I don't have much of history yet with this forum per se, but I have been frequenting this site for a decade.

I started developing sites when I was 12 or so (am 23 now), and back then I would always check out javascriptkit.com and this site to see the latest scripts.

It's been an invaluable resource to me as I am only really accustomed to using HTML and CSS, and haven't ventured into learning Javascript and J-Query as it takes a lot more time and patience (and math probably).

Overall this site has really helped me to step up my game by providing scripts that other sites don't have. Recently I have found out about css-tricks.com which has some copy/paste scripts as well, but I have always had difficulty implementing those scripts and end up coming back here for something that actually works the way its been advertised.

This site is one of the diamonds in the rough to me, and I am always excited to see the new/updated scripts that appear on this site.
    Last edited by GSimon; 08-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks

I would to add that John has the patience of a saint compared to some of the folks over at Stackoverflow.com. Not that I blame them, but really it's difficult to ask a programming question without being bombarded by people making you feel inadequate for not knowing what you're doing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Folks at stackoverflow.com (I'm now becoming an active poster on the site) strictly follow the rules and guidelines for posting.

http://stackoverflow.com/faq

When you don't follow the rules and guidelines, it gets on our nerves. If you have an advanced question or one that follows the guidelines, its great for stackoverflow. If you have a beginner question, ask on codingforums.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    Folks at stackoverflow.com (I'm now becoming an active poster on the site) strictly follow the rules and guidelines for posting.

http://stackoverflow.com/faq

When you don't follow the rules and guidelines, it gets on our nerves. If you have an advanced question or one that follows the guidelines, its great for stackoverflow. If you have a beginner question, ask on codingforums.com.
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I fell into the 'getting on their nerves' category by asking a JQuery question knowing very little about JQuery myself. I thought it was a bit more casual than it appears to be, so I was definitely one of those people when I posted my question. Lesson learned, at least I got help for my question though after several downvotes.