Thread: Sequence Images in Shockwave Slideshow

Thanks

Default Sequence Images in Shockwave Slideshow

1) Script Title: Shockwave 3D Slideshow v0.9

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...wave/index.htm

3) Describe problem: The images on the slideshow seem to be randomized. They are not appearing in the sequence they are called in the ImageArray. I tried a separate Preload images function thinking it was pulling the images in the sequence they finish fully loading, but that didn't seem to help either.

I really need the show to end on the same image all the time.

Ideas?

Thanks so much!

~Barefoot Chris

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Does the problem occur on the DD script page as well for you, or just on your own page?
    DD Admin

Thanks

It appears to occur in the demo as well. It's a bit hard to watch at the speed they rotate. However, the one that has a fixed number of loops (unhooked) ended on forrest. Village is last in the code, so shouldn't it end there?

That's actually my main concern anyway--making sure it always stops on a specific slide.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ah, so just to clarify, the issue you're talking about here is the slideshow not always stopping at the very last slide, and not that the order of the slideshow is sometimes incorrect as far as 1st, 2nd, 3rd image shown etc?
    DD Admin

Thanks

Well, I suppose technically that is correct. But, it seems to me one is causing the other.

If I have it set to only loop once, it should stop either at the last one or the first one in the code, neither of which it does consistently.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Try disabling the persistence feature then (which remembers the last viewed slide and resumes from that one when the page is reloaded). Inside jquery.shockwave.js, find the below line:

Code:
    var storedImageIndex = $.cookie(cookieImageIndex);
    and replace it with:

Code:
    var storedImageIndex = 0;
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thanks. I think that worked.

However, it's ending on the FIRST image, not the last (still works for me if it's consistent, though).

I think I figured out the "issue." It's going through the same number of rotation/dissolves as the number of pictures (4 images = 4 changes). Hence, it is returning to the FIRST image to complete a loop.

This also explains why before we turned off persistence it seemed more random....when remembering the previous end position, each loop would increment the "end" position by 1 image.

So, perhaps the number of dissolves/changes per "loop" should be ONE LESS than the number of images.