Thread: monitors vs televisions

Thanks

Default monitors vs televisions

Why don't people use wide screen televisions instead of monitors for desktop computing?
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Is there any reason to? I find that my monitor is big enough for me... There's no point in spending the extra money to buy a tv screen if you don't need it. Also, I like to sit up fairly close to my screen and I couldn't do that with a big screen. The only time I ever use a tv is with my laptop for gaming....

Thanks

A person might want better picture quality for their gaming or to just combine the tv and computer into one.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks

Projectors too. Whatever is easiest for you. Another option would be to use the monitor for the television.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I have a 24" AOC sitting on my office wall. I would say if I wanted anything bigger than that then I would need to make the move to a television screen. The only thing that stopped me this time was the huge price increase.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Personally, I think my moniter is big enough for most things I want to do, and when I do use a tv, it just seems a bit harder to keep track of anything. The only reasons I really use a moniter for, are things that are better/more efficient on a larger screen, ie, photo editing, watching a video.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bernie1227 For This Useful Post:

james438 (07-12-2012)

Thanks

I have a 37" monitor because i bought it cheap ( 150€ ) SHARP AQUOS, and i find it better than a monitor ( i have near it a 19" monitor ) because i sit pretty far and it doesnt kill my eyes with this nice setup on light