Thread: Drop In Content Box -- How to prevent content from showing up on site pages?....

Thanks

Default Drop In Content Box -- How to prevent content from showing up on site pages?....

1) Script Title: Drop-in content box v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici.../dropinbox.htm

3) Describe problem: As a prelude to my question, I want to let you know that I am not a professionally trained programmer. But, have worked with websites for years. What I know about HTML, SCRIPTS, AND CSS I have taught myself.

I am the website administrator for The Alabama Sustainable Agriculture Network which I built on Wordpress Platform.

I wanted to put a Drop-in "teaser" on the homepage of the site, and found your documentation (above) to produce a very nice Drop In. I had to study it very hard to get it to work. And now it works (for the most part) the way I want it to. It took me a while and several re-reads to figure out how it all came together.

My preference was to use Option 1 (an external file) for my Drop-in Content, which I did create, but was never able to get it to work.

For that reason ONLY, I ended up using Option 2 for my drop-in content which called for me to place the html code for the drop-in content in the body tags of my webpage... With Wordpress, it was somewhat difficult for me to figure out... but I did the best I could.

Problem now is that My html (an image file) is now showing up at the very bottom of other pages of the site.

I want to know how can I get the image to go away, and only be displayed when it drops in on the home-page ???

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The reason the image shows up on other pages, firstly, is because you've installed the Drop In Content script on all pages of your site. However, for the CSS reference portion, you've used a relative URL to dropincontentbox.css:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="dropincontentbox.css" />
    This reference works when the user is in the root public HTML of your site, but not anywhere else. Change the above to:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://asanonline.org/dropincontentbox.css" />
    That should fix the problem. Now, do you actually wish to show the Drop In Content box once to each user, regardless of which page he/she lands on first?
    DD Admin

Thanks

WOW, thanks for your reply!!! I haven't checked on my post in several days, so I was so excited to see a response. YES, I would like for the box to drop, regardless of which page the visitor lands on.