Thread: About Contact Finger on Mobile Devices

Thanks

Default About Contact Finger on Mobile Devices

Hello,

I am creating a web site where the header is moving some images depending the mouse position, you can see at it: http://www.ventadecarne.mx/

The problem is that mobile devices (iPhone, Android, iPhone, etc..) not show this effect.

I know that there is no cursor, but I want to know if I can touch the finger to view this effect.

Thank you very much.

Thanks

Not really. On iOS (iPhone, iPad), for example, one finger touch = drag the window around. Two fingers = zoom.

Apple does offer a touch/gesture API that you could work with (and override the default functions), but 1) be careful to not disable functionality in the browser (zooming/moving the window is important on a small screen), and 2) this would need to be a custom modification for just iOS. Then other platforms (eg Android) might have similar options.

Possible, but not easy at all.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Like Daniel said, unfortunately it Is quite impractical for that kind of thing to be an option on a touchscreen, however, I'm looking at the site in an iPad, and I don't really know what I'm missing, therefore I don't really feel that there is a problem or that that there's something missing from the site. I just think that it will be something that the touchscreen users can do without, and if they're so troubled by the lack of movement (which I doubt they will) they can always go onto a computer. As always with these things, no matter what you do, the mobile experience is going to be different than the static experience.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie