Thread: Firefox Random Iframe & Iframe SSI II problem

Thanks

Exclamation Firefox Random Iframe & Iframe SSI II problem

DD Script - Random Iframe http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/randomiframe.htm

DD Script - Iframe SSI II http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm

Implemented at: http://www.bxradio.net/articles/

Yes I used two scripts on same page and yes I have read the tutorial as well as nearly all the forum posts I could find...lol The page code here needs some cleaning up but my dilemna is this...

I am using the Random Iframe script to pull in html article pages and display on the page referenced above. Given that some of these articles are longer than others, I went searching for an autoresize script, which I also found at DD and implemented it into the page. Voila, after making sure id references matched up, it works beautifully in IE. Enter the problem...

Wanting to be as universal as possible, I try to design pages that will appear almost the same in both IE(using 6+) and FF(using 1.5). Hoever, in FF, the random iframe script works beautifully, but the autoresize script has no effect and the displayed Iframe only shows about 150px high of content with a scroll bar down the right side. The width I can adjust and see change as I do so, but no height adjustment occurs.

Believe me when I say I have done my due diligence researchign the problem and am ready to admit defeat to a superior, or at least less weary, opponent...lol

Please check out the page above and advise a possible solution. The address given is a directory which opens a file called index.php, and I have tried renaming to .htm with the same results so no apparent conflict there as I saw in one other post.

Whatever help you can offer is greatly appreciated and I hope all rules have been followed with regard to this post...

Thanks

Important note about using this script and Firefox....

The content of the page being inserted (iframe src) cannot use tables. If it does Firefox will not display properly and will have scroll bars. I did a few days worth of research and came across mention in this forum about tables not being a good idea, and decided to pursue that further.

Once I changed my iframe src page content to text/graphic only format, it popped it in perfectly with Firefox and auto-resized the way the script should. This prob doesn't help you if your iframe src page needs to use tables, but this will help most that I have seen on this forum having FF problems with this script.

Notes...

With the style display attribute set to visible or auto, FF will temporarily show scroll bars which will disappear once the page is full loaded. You can stop this by setting the style display attribute to hidden.

Such a simple solution....Hope this clears things up and helps everyone who was having FF issues with this script.
    Last edited by corbinb2; 01-06-2006 at 05:22 PM.