Thread: Chrome Bar drop downs not working!

Thanks

Exclamation Chrome Bar drop downs not working!

I am using the Chrome Bar menu, but am having some trouble getting it to work right.

Here's a few questions to get started:

1.) Can the DIVs (the menu itself) be within another set of DIVs?

Reason for asking: I have the menu inside of another container DIV right now in order to position it within a certain area.

2.) Do you have to install the folders "as is" to a root directory in order for this to work?
    (For example: If you just take the files you need and put them in their own folder [named "menu," for example], and make sure all HTML links point there, will this not work still? Is there something in the JavaScript that requires the files to be in folders named "chromejs" and "chrometheme"?)

Reason for asking: The only time I can get things to halfway work, the files have to be in their original folders.

If I can get some initial answers, I'd be ecstatic! If there is someone willing to help me more one-on-one, that'd be wonderful, too. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Regards,

Derek

Thanks

hey u can chk out this thread http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6927 ... c if u can get some answers...

Thanks

I already did a forum search and found all 3 threads related to this navigation bar. The thread you mentioned helped me in one way (I got rid of the last little divider bar on the right hand side), but not in any other way.

Still looking for answers! Thanks again for the help!

~ Derek

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

To answer your questions:

1.) Can the DIVs (the menu itself) be within another set of DIVs?

Most likely no, but the only way to know for sure is to try it out, and see if the layout of the menu breaks as a result. CSS, especially when you're dealing with things like float and inline, are quite sensitive to the surrounding HTML. That's why you got all these CSS hacks out there that work to accomodate different scenerios, but they can't be just dropped into a CSS code and expected to work for all situations.

2.) Do you have to install the folders "as is" to a root directory in order for this to work?

Definitely not. The main thing to make sure is that the .css and images for the menu are in the same directory (ie: chromecss), and that the reference to the .css file inside your script is correct, ie:

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="chromecss/whatever.css" />

The same thing with the external .js file.