Thread: Image Thumbnail Viewer II

Thanks

Default Image Thumbnail Viewer II

Image Thumbnail Viewer II

I have a version of the thumbnail viewer, above, on my site at Select Cottages, the mouseover thumbnails are below the main pic of farmhouse.

It all works splendidly in IE.

However, there is a small problem with Fire Fox.

When you mouseover the last image, of window sill, because it is slightly larger in height when moused over the large image version goes under the thumbnails and doesn't just push them down like IE does (thank you IE!)

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix?

I would really like to keep it in this format and do not want to move the thumbnails to the left, right or above the main, larger images (instead of below) and also do want to restrict my size and style of photo (portrait, etc.)

It's a lot to ask, but don't ask, don't get

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even in IE, I am sure you will agree, that is not an ideal situation. The images jump around. Set the height of the display division to the maximum that it needs to be:

HTML Code:
    <div id="dynloadarea" style="width:470px;height:350px">
    and things will look much better in both browsers.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

thanks john.

the only problem with this is that if i have a photo that is portrait, say 450 tall, the thumbnails appear way below the main image and it doesn't look very good (large random space), not doable - see what i mean?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Two options spring to mind. The first is, resize your image(s) so that they are all the same size. Or, make the display area the cell in a single celled table with that cell's valign="middle":

HTML Code:
    <table style="border-collapse:collapse;"><tr><td id="dynloadarea" valign="middle" style="width:470px;height:350px"></td></tr></table>
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

recode option worked a treat - appreciated, thanks