Thread: Record syfy videos?

Thanks

Default Record syfy videos?

Hey,

I am a big science fiction fan and would like to record my favorite scifi movies from online Streaming sites like syfy for instance.
    I already tried some Freeware to do so but I wasn't really satisfied.... also I'd like to convert the recorded stuff and save it to watch it offline whenever I want.
    As far as I know recording vids from the Internet is legal as Long as the site itself is a legal one... please correct me in case that it is not. Don't wanna get into trouble
    Whatever, I am searchin for an easy to handle recording software with converting function. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I thought we'd already covered this? http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ideos&p=310834

As far as I know recording vids from the Internet is legal as Long as the site itself is a legal one
    That's inaccurate. Unless the video streaming site offers a direct download link for their material, we should assume that they do not want visitors to freely download/rip their content. But in this case we don't need to assume anything - it's all there in black and white in their Usage Terms (see below).

An official/legal streaming site will have paid a premium to stream that content, and they'll have a license or usage agreement in place with whatever production company has permitted them to stream their media. Assisting in the circumvention of any security measures that may have in place to protect somebody else's property would be unethical, and there may be legal implications for DD - I doubt very much that ddadmin would like to deal with any repercussions that may arise if we were to endorse and advise you how to do what you're asking.

And to back that up, here's SyFy's terms of use page - linked to the "Permitted Uses" section for your convenience: http://www.syfy.com/nbcuniversal-ter...permitted-uses
    You may not either directly or through the use of any device or other means copy, download, stream, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the online services or Content unless expressly permitted by NBCUniversal in writing.
    You may also not use any software robots, spider, crawlers, or other data gathering or extraction tools, whether automated or manual, to access, acquire, copy, monitor, scrape or aggregate Content or any portion of the online services.
    Please do not pursue this line of questioning again as it may lead to a ban.
    Last edited by Beverleyh; 06-09-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Focus on Function Web Design
    Fast Edit (A flat file, PHP web page editor & CMS. Small, FREE, no database!) | Fast Edit BE (Snippet Manager) (Web content editor for multiple editable regions!) | Fast Apps