Thread: How can I bypass wireless router program?

Thanks

Default How can I bypass wireless router program?

I have this wireless router usb. It works great as a router, but it has this horrible startup program that is completely unnecessary. At present if I want to connect to the internet I need to activate the startup program. This was not the case before I reinstalled windows xp.

To make matters worse, turning on the program automatically disconnects me from the internet, freezes the program, or it crashes. I have to try about 3 to 6 times before it will connect me to the internet. It is a rather frustrating program to work with.

If anyone knows how to bypass this program or where I can go to get advice on this I would be very grateful.
    Last edited by james438; 05-14-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks

I have been at this for a few days, but I have it figured out.

I uninstalled the software and unplugged the usb stick. I plugged it back in with the installation CD in the CD drive. I let windows detect the new hardware and auto browse to find the necessary drivers. I then directed it to Windows XP/32 drivers located on the CD and installed it and now I am connected automatically.

The software on the CD was not installed and I can connect as easily as I did before reinstalling Windows XP.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site