Thread: i need to create a marquee

Thanks

Default i need to create a marquee

i need to create a marquee in my html coding but i have forgotten the code that goes with marque tag . pls i need help

Thanks

Try searching first next time.

It's just <marquee>. But it doesn't work in all browsers. There are Javascript versions that do.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually, virtually all modern version browsers support the tag. The issue is whether or not they support all of its various options/events. I think that can all be worked out for all but the more complex uses.

However, one drawback of the marquee tag is that the contents must finish each time before repeating. This leads to a gap in the marquee equal to the length of its content subtracted from its overall width. For short or medium length marquees in a narrow area, that's fine, perhaps even desirable. But for long marquees it can leave a lot of dead space.

That all said, the simplest/basic application:

Code:
    <marquee>Hello World!</marquee>
    Is supported virtually everywhere now, and for short to medium content length in a narrow area is just fine. If you want special effects (pauses, speeds, directions, etc.), you have to check the specs and/or test in browsers to see if they're supported.

For advanced features and/or continuous content without gaps, javascript is still a better choice.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 05-13-2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: detail
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

djr33 (05-16-2012)

Thanks

Please have a read through this thread:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=68873

It's on the same subject and is still currently being resolved. You may find a much better alternative to the now depreciated <marquee> tags.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 3,201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheTech View Post
    Please have a read through this thread:

It's on the same subject and is still currently being resolved. You may find a much better alternative to the now depreciated <marquee> tags.
    Probably good advice. I'm no fan of the marquee tag. But I have seen it used to good effect on occasion. It's simpler than any other approach and not javascript dependent.

I don't believe it's deprecated though, worse - I don't think it was ever valid.

That doesn't change the fact that it's (as far as I know) supported in all current edition browsers and many others.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Marquees are now available in CSS3!

PHP Code:
    .marquee {  

overflow-x: -webkit-marquee;
      -
    webkit-marquee-directionahead|auto|backwards|down|forwards|inherit|left|reverse|right|up;
      -
    webkit-marquee-incrementsmall|medium|large;
      -
    webkit-marquee-repetition: {number};
      -
    webkit-marquee-speedslow|normal|fast;
      -
    webkit-marquee-stylealternate|inherit|none|scroll|slide;

font-size:1.4em;

However, this site shows why you should be careful when using it.

Also, there is no onmouseover="this.stop()" facility.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerchuks View Post
    i need to create a marquee in my html coding but i have forgotten the code that goes with marque tag . pls i need help
    I was needing help with this recently and was able to get what I needed here. Look at this thread: