Thread: How to keep menu dropdown on top of everything

Thanks

Question How to keep menu dropdown on top of everything

1) Script Title: AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.3

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: Everything seems to be installed and working ok apart from when I select a couple of the menus, they drop down but drop down behind a couple of things. A music play option and a slideshow(http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...plegallery.htm) .

I sthere a way to always ensure the menu dropdowns always appear on top of whatever is there ?

Thanks much appreciation

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Try giving the menus a very high z-index value inside anylinkmenu.css. Find the below line and make the change below

Code:
    z-index: 10000 !important; /* zIndex should be greater than that of shadow's below */
    DD Admin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    Try giving the menus a very high z-index value inside anylinkmenu.css. Find the below line and make the change below

Code:
    z-index: 10000 !important; /* zIndex should be greater than that of shadow's below */

hi,
    Thanks I tried what you suggested but that doesnt seem to have made any difference. I tried adding on another zero but that didnt help either.

The slide show I am using is also from this site Simplegallery HERE. As I said the menu goes behind this.

Any other suggestions ?
    Last edited by appreciation; 05-08-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.
    Sorry Its not on the net as it is for a college project I am doing using Dreamweaver. Would sending you the dreamweaver files be ok ?

Thanks

Dreamweaver makes HTML files, so you can upload those to a free webhost (there are plenty out there) or pay $5/mo for a decent one (again, plenty are out there).
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum