Abstract // TL;DR:

I'm looking to affirm my understanding of how to manage a database driven website using ASP.NET 4.0. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Professional with AJAX Toolkit, Phalanger and SQLite plugins enabled. I use VB.NET for the backend code; I'm more familiar with VB than C# and feel much more comfortable using it.

Background

My client's brief has asked to use the site with an Access Database so that it can be maintained internally after my service has ended. I say this only because most tutorials, forum elitists and other online "help" refuse to acknowledge the existence of Access. The site is running from an internally managed IIS7.5 server so there's no worries about compatibility.

Database
The database itself is in Strict 3NF, with 18 relational tables in total. It has Input Forms and a Switchboard active.

My understanding
The database is placed in the protected folder App_Data. The connection string for the database is placed within the root Web.config and given a friendly name. I need to then create a DataSet within the protected App_Code directory which clones the structure of the database table for table, complete with relations. I then create ObjectDataSources within the Master Page for the website (base.master) and ID them appropriately.

Once all this is done, I can then create SelectStatements where I need them on the site.

What I need to know
Here is where my understanding fails me. I'm unsure of how to display each record within a table. I'd like to be able to create a Strongly Typed Collection of the fields for each SQL SELECT statement I issue so I can display them within a HTML <table></table>. I'm also not sure when issuing a SELECT ... GROUP BY statement, how to cycle through each group.

Is my understanding of what is needed right or am I going about things the wrong way? Is there a video guide or decent web tutorial that can explain in simple terms what to do (i.e. not MSDN). A few years ago I found a perfect video tutorial series in about 15 or 16 parts, each about 30 - 40 minutes long all about ASP.NET, it was on the ASP.NET website but I can't for the life of me find it now. Thanks for any help you can offer; I'll try to give as much more information as I can if any more is needed.