Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website reviews?

Thanks

Default Website reviews?

Because I am new on the forum I wanted to ask first, to be sure I am not breaking any forum rules.

I have been working with a couple of friends on an assets-sharing portal, where people can upload their Web/Design assets and they can download them for free.

While we have gone live, we are still far from being where we want it to be. Could I open a review thread for my website, and get user feedback?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There are plenty of forums that have a reviews section already (ones that are a lot more active), so adding one here would just be a "me too" move that serves little except to attract spam.
    DD Admin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

@ddadmin

I believe they're asking if they can post a link to their site and ask for reviews, not if you'll create a new forum(correct me if I'm incorrect )

Thanks

I know there are a lot of other sites I could go on...but since our site is Javascript heavy - we use a complex AJAX selector to present our files for people to download, and since there are countless things that we might omit/overlook, I thought having 1 or 2 professional opinions won't hurt, but rather help us improve.

Just as keyboard1333 said, I would only be posting the link to our site, and expect people would help us with some constructive feedback. And I thought that the forum, being as well known as it is, and respected, would have been the perfect place to post.

So? Would I be breaking the rules or can I go ahead and create the thread?

Thanks

Maybe if you help out around the forum a bit it might seem a little more legitimate
    - Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I guess that would make people more willing to help, but ultimatly it's up to ddadmin or the mods. Go and PM ddadmin asking him, or just wait for him to reply to your question.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rususorinvick View Post
    I know there are a lot of other sites I could go on...but since our site is Javascript heavy - we use a complex AJAX selector to present our files for people to download, and since there are countless things that we might omit/overlook, I thought having 1 or 2 professional opinions won't hurt, but rather help us improve.

Just as keyboard1333 said, I would only be posting the link to our site, and expect people would help us with some constructive feedback. And I thought that the forum, being as well known as it is, and respected, would have been the perfect place to post.

So? Would I be breaking the rules or can I go ahead and create the thread?
    Sure, go ahead and post the review request in this case, but please see this as an exception rather than a change in the rules to allow future site review requests.
    DD Admin

Thanks

You could sent it to us via Private Message though

Thanks

My 2 cents, but I think it is totally fine to post a request to look at your website to see how it looks to others and how it can be improved. That's a big part of what this forum is for. Many other people have asked for feedback on their websites, so it is nothing new for you to ask to have your site reviewed here either.

Due to the spam that does occur people with only a few posts like yourself could easily be mistaken for spam, so asking for permission to post a link to your site for feedback purposes when you are very new here or have only a very few posts under your belt is a good idea. I might have thought you were spam in your case. If you had 100+ posts I am sure you would be far safer in posting such a request, but since your post count is in the single digits asking for permission was a good idea.

I am interested in what DD and the moderators think about this since my answer is not official.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by james438 View Post
    My 2 cents, but I think it is totally fine to post a request to look at your website to see how it looks to others and how it can be improved. That's a big part of what this forum is for. Many other people have asked for feedback on their websites, so it is nothing new for you to ask to have your site reviewed here either.

Due to the spam that does occur people with only a few posts like yourself could easily be mistaken for spam, so asking for permission to post a link to your site for feedback purposes when you are very new here or have only a very few posts under your belt is a good idea. I might have thought you were spam in your case. If you had 100+ posts I am sure you would be far safer in posting such a request, but since your post count is in the single digits asking for permission was a good idea.

I am interested in what DD and the moderators think about this since my answer is not official.
    DDadmin already said it as ok in this case???