Advanced Search

Thread: Is there something to do this task?

Thanks

Default Is there something to do this task?

Hello.
    I have to put a diferent link to 300 different words one by one, for me alone its just too much and it takes too much time and delays my work.
    Is there something to do this?
    I mean
    Text A - link A then i put them together and gives me: TEXTAWITHLINKA
    and
    Text B - link B - TEXTBWITHLINKB

With what can i do this?

Thanks

php will do this.

I am assuming this is for a website. I ask because you are posting in the computer hardware and software area.

Code:
    <?php
    $text="text";
    $link="http://www.website.com";
    $display="<a href=\"$link\">$text</a>";
    echo "$display";
    ?>
    We could give you a better answer, but we need a little more information to work with.

Then again you could probably create a simple form where you could copy and paste the words and links and hit a submit button and have the hyperlinked words auto generated. That shouldn't be too hard to do.

Just pondering.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks

More generally, any program that can do REGEX (regular expressions) search/replace can do this pretty easily for you. PHP is certainly an option, but it isn't required. Some text editors have this functionality. To be clear, it won't necessarily be easy, but it might be faster to set this up instead of doing it all by hand, and you'd learn something useful in the process.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

What is your question, specifically? Is this a new question? If so, start a new discussion.

If this is a reply to the current topic, then please explain exactly where you are stuck and what you are trying to do.
    If you just want to start, then look up any tutorial on "php regex" and go from there.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum