Thread: how to insert exit popup script?

Thanks

Default how to insert exit popup script?

Hello I need exit pop script so when user want to exit from page loads second page with dialog box options - leave page or stay on page and in same time loads new page. Example is like in this site http://www.weightgainblueprint.com/buildmuscle/

I tried to lookup that page source code and tried this code:
    Code:
    <!---Exit Pop-->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var ShowExitPopup = true;
    function ExitPage()
    {
    if (ShowExitPopup) 
    { 
    ShowExitPopup = false;
    location.href = "http://www.weightgainblueprint.com/buildmuscle/wait.php";
    return '*************************************************\nTodays Special Offer - Start Gaining Weight NOW!\n*************************************************\n\nW A I T  -  B E F O R E   Y O U   G O:\n\nCheck out my step-by-step system that reveals how I packed on 38 pounds of muscle in just 19 weeks!\n\nSimply click the *CANCEL* button below.\n\nYou can try the entire Weight Gain Blueprint system risk-free for 21-days.\n\nTo get INSTANT ACCESS to this special offer, click the CANCEL button below.\n';
    }
    } 
    </script>
    <!--End Exit Pop-->

inserted it here - page settings- advanced setting - scripts - custom script at the bottom of the body section - no luck also tried in page itself insert like snippets still no luck...

any advice please anyone can help?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

you need to call the function to make it work. HOWEVER...

Don't do it.

Exit popups are A Very Bad Thing.

To start with, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to question if a user wantes to leave your site -- they're trying to leave. They want to leave. An exit popup is like a salesman jumping in front of you and locking the doors when you try to leave a store.

Moreover, anything that takes control of the browser away from the user (yes, you are "hijacking" the browser) is bad - it's a security risk. Are you old enough to remember websites that have popup after popup after popup that open new windows everywhere and only lead back to the page you're trying to leave? Ever had to [ctrl-alt-delete] just to stop reading about weight gain powder?

This sort of thing is too often abused. Fortunately, modern browsers are staring to ignore scripts like this. When I come across a site that does this, I leave and never come back -- even if I was interested in the first place, and planning to come back later. Please, think twice.

Thanks

I have tested this on other pages which use these exit popups at the end of the day what matters is how many I have earned and without popups it's ~20% less I have tested same pages with and without popups ....