Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

Hello,

I an new to the forum and would like to thank in advance anyone who can help me with slimbox javascript.

I uploaded all of the scripts to my server, put the calls in the header, put in the a href link and the image opens on another page not in the fancy lightbox.

Any ideas what I did wrong? I do have another lightbox in the theme I purchased online. I just don't know how to setup the lightbox to work with the images on the page. It is sold with the theme to open a video.

I have some screenshots that I would love to get this working with.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 3,209 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Please delete my account. Because I said hello in the title box? I don't know what has happened in forums today. I feel like little men are given little titles like forum moderator and they act like Bobby in the Brady Bunch episode where he is a hall monitor. Thanks but no thanks. I won't buy anything here either.

Dear Ezshop24,

You have received a warning at Dynamic Drive Forums.

Reason:
    -------
    Non descriptive title

-------

Original Post:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...d.php?p=272745
    Quote:
    Hello,

I an new to the forum and would like to thank in advance anyone who can help me with slimbox javascript.

I uploaded all of the scripts to my server, put the calls in the header, put in the a href link and the image opens on another page not in the fancy lightbox.

Any ideas what I did wrong? I do have another lightbox in the theme I purchased online. I just don't know how to setup the lightbox to work with the images on the page. It is sold with the theme to open a video.

I have some screenshots that I would love to get this working with.

Thanks,

Paul
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    Dynamic Drive Forums

Thanks

You expect help when you don't phrase things clearly-- it's a natural consequence. Plus, it's just a warning-- information. But react how you'd like.

It's ironic that you say you won't buy anything here-- nothing is sold, just free scripts, and free help.

Note: in case it makes you feel any better, I was going to give you a warning, but then I saw John already had. Having multiple "hello" or "I need help" messages makes everything cluttered and hard to find, and for you personally you're a lot less likely to get an answer.

Also, you may have not bothered to read it, but right below the post there was a clear indication of this rule:
    Reminder: Be sure to use a descriptive title for your question that summarizes it. ...
    We won't hold this against you or anything, but we get multiple new members every day and it's important to keep things organized.

If you do want your account deleted, that will need to be done by ddadmin. But really, it won't change anything if you just leave the account active and don't use it. That's your choice.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

If the original poster is serious about wanting help with this script, can s/he please post something that people can work with.

In order to get help with this script we need either a link to the page with the defunct code, if the page is live on the net, or a post containing the defunct code, within the BBCode tags available on the site. For JavaScript code, please use the PHP BBCode tags as this will give the appropriate Syntax Highlighting for ease of problem diagnosis.

You say you have screenshots of the problem, please can you post these as well as any relevant step we need to take to reproduce the error you are seeing.

As for the complaint you raised in your second post. Non0descriptive titles for threads are problematic for many reasons. You could be just saying "Hi", you could be filling the forum with spam or with advertisements or any number other things.

In future, think about what you are trying to achieve by coming on to these forums and writing a thread. If you are trying to solve a problem with some code you have, write an informative thread detailing the problem you have in a way that make sense to other people who do not have your code in front of them. Place yourself in the shoes of someone who comes on to these forums to help other people with their code. There is an etiquette to internet forums that has remained for a long time, descriptive thread title is one of the main clauses. If you see this as confusing or wrong then I'm afraid it's your attitude that must change rather than the rest of the worlds.

Having said that, once you have given a more in depth description of your problem, people will gladly give you advice to overcome your problem. You might even think about marking this thread for deletion and starting anew with a descriptive title and an in depth first post to maximise your potential success at finding an answer to your problem. It depends how important it is to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,209 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Blog Entries

As you've vowed never to have anything to do with us again, and because this thread is starting to attract spam, I'm closing it. If you want more help, please start a new thread.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate