Thread: Ultimate fade in slide show stops on hover

Thanks

Default Ultimate fade in slide show stops on hover

1) Script Title: Ultimate fade in slide show

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Slideshow automatically pauses onMouseover.

I need to disable this "feature" because if the cursor is accidentally left over the image the slideshow stops.

I've read some of the threads that asked for this feature, but still not sure how to disable it without introducing bugs into the code.

I've also noticed that it works fine in IE8, Firefox 11.0 and Opera 11.62 but NOT in Chrome - the screen goes black between fades.

Here is a link to the page http://www.demuris.co.uk/diversity2.htm
    Last edited by john errington; 04-09-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: provided link to page

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you mean that, as the page loads, if the mouse is over the slideshow, it never starts in some browsers, that's a bug in the program. I have a fix for that (right clcik and 'Save As'):

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...deslideshow.js

If on the other hand you mean you just don't want the show to pause period, there's an easy way to get it not to. Add the highlighted as shown to the on page call:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">

var mygallery=new fadeSlideShow({
    	wrapperid: "fadeshow1", //ID of blank DIV on page to house Slideshow
    	dimensions: [640,480], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image
    	imagearray: [
    		["habitats/Desert.jpg", "", "", "Desert"],
    		["habitats/Glacial lake.jpg", "", "", "Glacial lake"],		
    		["habitats/Limestone swampland.jpg", "", "", "Limestone swampland"],
    		["habitats/Mangrove (Australia).jpg", "", "", "Mangrove (Australia)"],
    		["habitats/Marine habitat with stromatolites.jpg", "", "", "Marine habitat with stromatolites"],
    		["habitats/Mountain meadow (Switzerland).jpg", "", "", "Mountain meadow (Switzerland)"],
    		["habitats/Marine habitat.jpg", "", "", "Marine habitat"],
    		["habitats/Mountain scree.jpg", "", "", "Mountain scree"],
    		["habitats/Mountain meadow (Canada).jpg", "", "", "Mountain meadow (Canada)"],
    		["habitats/Glacial river.jpg", "", "", "Glacial river"],
    		["habitats/Salt flat.jpg", "", "", "Salt flat"],
    		["habitats/Volcanic atoll or coral reef.jpg", "", "", "Volcanic atoll or coral reef"]

//<--no trailing comma after very last image element!
    	],
    	displaymode: {type:'auto', pause:2500, cycles:0, wraparound:true},
    	persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session?
    	fadeduration: 300, //transition duration (milliseconds)
    	descreveal: "always",
    	togglerid: "",
    	oninit: function(){
    		var sObj = this.setting;
    		sObj.$wrapperdiv.bind('mouseenter', function(){sObj.ismouseover = false;});
    	}
    })

</script>
    Don't miss the added comma (red) after the togglerid value.

About Chrome - It's that some of the images aren't showing up. And there's something different about the images that don't show up. I'm no expert on this. However, in The Gimp - a freeware image editing program that rivals PhotoShop, if I click on Image > Image Properties > Color Profile, for Volcanic atoll or coral reef.jpg (one of the ones that doesn't show up) I see:

sRGB IEC61966-2.1
    sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Copyright (c) 1998 Hewlett-Packard Company

WhitePoint : D65 (daylight)
    For Salt flat.jpg (one that does show up) I get:

sRGB built-in
    Default RGB working space
    So clearly there's some difference. If I load the two images into Paint Shop Pro 7 (which is an old program), the one that Chrome doesn't like loads, but the colors are way off. But I don't think it's the color profile because if I save a copy in The Gimp, it 'fixes it', but the color profile is still the same.

The images that aren't showing up are too large (too many bytes) anyway, so try backing them up and saving lower resolution/optimized versions, probably will fix it in Chrome.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 07-17-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: add - (right clcik and 'Save As')
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

offpeak (04-27-2012)

Thanks

Default sorted

Many thanks John. I did as you suggested and its now fine.

I also had another look at the images. I wondered if the names might be too long, or perhaps I had made an error in copying them. So I renamed them all - and at the same time increased the compression - and fixed the problem.
    (I used Paint Shop Pro 8, an old favorite)

So I dont know what caused the problem - but its fixed.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Default Ultimate Fade in Slide show

When the mouse is over the slideshow it doesn't start. I tried to look at your .js fix but got a Windows script error. Seems your fix is exactly what I need but can't get to it. (http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...deslideshow.js) Any idea?

All help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wellingtonCraigT View Post
    When the mouse is over the slideshow it doesn't start. I tried to look at your .js fix but got a Windows script error. Seems your fix is exactly what I need but can't get to it. (http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...deslideshow.js) Any idea?

All help greatly appreciated. Thanks
    The link you posted comes up with a 404 error for me, but the original posted link (http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...deslideshow.js)
    Works fine.
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program." - Linus Torvalds
    Anime Views Forums
    Bernie

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you're getting a Windows script error, that probably means that you clicked on the link in IE. By default, IE will try to launch all clicked .js links in Microsoft's Windows Based Script Interpreter. I'm not sure what this program is for, but it cannot seem to load the type of javascript intended for the web. There are javascript scripts intended for use on the local machine to perform tasks like writing, moving, renaming files, organizing folders, etc. Perhaps it's expecting one of those. The rules for those types of scripts are different than web based javascript, so that's probably the reason.

To get the file either use any other browser, or if you want to grab the script and are using IE, right click on the link and choose 'Save As'. You will then be able to download the script to your computer where you can copy it to your folder where it needs to be for your page(s) that use it and/or upload to your server for the page(s) there that need it.

Once you've done this, the browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

If you need to edit the script or just want to have a look at its code, open it with a text only editor like NotePad.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thank you John. Worked like a charm.

Thanks

Although your .js revision fixed pics not loading (thank you), seems the description does not align centered under the pic where I want it. I looked at my tables and div container and even the .js file to locate prob but cant figure it out.

here is location:
    http://plastic-patio-furniture.com/index.html

Any help, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Your page is in violation of Dynamic Drive's usage terms, which, among other things, state that the script credit must appear in the source code of the page(s) using the script. Please reinstate the notice first.

And you've altered the script. To fix this, it's easiest to revert to the script as you obtained it from the link in my post:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/s...deslideshow.js

Then add these styles and change the dimensions of the show as shown (additions/changes highlighted):

Code:
    <title>Plastic Patio Furniture</title>

<style type="text/css">
    #fadeshowA, .gallerylayer {
    	background: #fff !important;
    }
    .descpanelfg {
    	text-align: center;
    }
    #fadeshowA {
    	margin: 15px 0 15px 10px;
    	text-align: left;
    }
    </style>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="fadeslideshow.js">
    /***********************************************
    * Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.0- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
    * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
    * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for this script and 100s more
    ***********************************************/
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"> 

var mygallery=new fadeSlideShow({
    	wrapperid: "fadeshowA", //ID of blank DIV on page to house Slideshow
    	dimensions: [480, 420], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image
    	imagearray: [
    		["images/ppf-inde . . .
    That will do it, or at least get you very close to it. Let me know if you think it needs more tweaking.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 07-19-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: English usage
    - John

Thanks

With your help, got it tweaked just perfectly. Also added Dynamic Drive script credit.
    Thank you