Advanced Search

Thread: convert wma file into text

Thanks

Default convert wma file into text

I understand that Win7 comes with sound recognition software.
    I would appreciate if someone could advise if the software could convert wma file into text.
    I tried in vain to find a tutorial.
    Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

First, find a way to export the audio into a standard format like wav. Try an audio conversion program like VLC or FFMpeg. I'm not sure what will work (it depends on the codec in the wma files).

Then as for using speech recognition, I have no idea because I don't use Win 7.

Note that speech recognition may refer specifically to specific system commands (so that it can't actually convert an entire audio file to text). Second, realize that it may be fun to play with, but speech recognition is generally very bad-- it might be faster for you to type it, but you can certainly see what happens. It will depend a lot on the clarity of the audio and the dialect(s) of the speaker(s). If it's a song, for example, it won't be recognized at all, probably (background noise and unusual pronunciation).
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djr33 For This Useful Post:

amyy (04-03-2012)