Thread: music on/off link

Thanks

Default music on/off link

hey again, is it possible to put a "music on/off" thing on a page using anything besides flash? here's an example of what i mean:

http://www.dreamit-doit.com/flash/home_flash.swf

(the little speaker image on the bottom left) thanks
    Last edited by mavrick422; 12-24-2005 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks

I understand what you mean, and it's decently easy to do in flash, but if you ABSOLUTELY want to avoid flash, try posting it in the javascript part of the forums

HOWEVER, it would probably be simplest to just make a 100x50 or so flash document, put the buttons in it with controlling action script(s), especially if you already know how to do so, plus people wouldnt be able to steal your song(s), since it would be controlled via .swf, and you could control which song is playing if you wanted (easier than html and js anyway)

Thanks

the only problem is is that i don't have flash. you think javascript can do it?

Thanks

well, if it's like the one on the site you linked to, ya i suppose so, since it should be just turning the volume off (not sure how), like I said, try looking in the javascript section of the forums, but it would probably be a LOT harder if you want a multiple song radio, though if you only have one song to play, ya it's probly doable without to-much work (i'm not sure though since I dont know .js)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 3,154 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleipner
    plus people wouldnt be able to steal your song(s), since it would be controlled via .swf
    Not so, just makes it a little harder or easier. With a decent .swf decompiler, it actually can be easier.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

if you store the song in a seperate .swf (especially easy if you use multiple .swf for each song), and then have a dynamic text box load the movie/.swf containing the song you want to play, they won't get the song from the .swf embedded in the page.

the only way they could still get the .swf containing the song(s) is if the decompiler gives them the url where the .swf song movie is at.

BTW: thats what I did to include a radio bar in the Flash design CIS course I took at my community college, (I'll be takin actionscript startin Jan 06')