Thread: Arrow Side Menu headers open URL when they are not supposed to

Thanks

Smile Arrow Side Menu headers open URL when they are not supposed to

1) Script Title: Arrow Side Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu-arrow.htm

3) Describe problem: When I click on a header, it opens the hyperlink

Maybe I'm screwing something up, but when I click on a header to hide the menu, it opens a new window up for me with that URL that is linked. How do I make a header without it being a hyperlink. Did I miss that somewhere?

It says in the description that "A value of "click" for example causes the header to solely expand/contract the sub content, and disables the link inside the header itself (if it's hyperlinked)."

It doesn't disable it though - maybe it's just my browser choice?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The two headers in the demo that are expandable are "CSS Library" and "JavaScript"- are you saying upon expanding one of those headers, when you then try and contract one of them, the browser navigates to the URL (after the 2nd action)? I've just tested the demo in FF, and it doesn't do this for me.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    The two headers in the demo that are expandable are "CSS Library" and "JavaScript"- are you saying upon expanding one of those headers, when you then try and contract one of them, the browser navigates to the URL (after the 2nd action)? I've just tested the demo in FF, and it doesn't do this for me.
    It could be that I'm on a Mac. I'm on Safari, and when I click on it, it does open the link in a new window every time. I know safari wasn't listed as a supported browser, but I figured that it "should" work in Safari.

I'm going to try other browsers today - the site that it is on will mainly be viewed using IE, so I'm not too concerned. I just thought it was odd that it didn't ignore the URL.

I've tried both the demo site as well as putting the code on my own test site and both sites behave the same by opening the window.

Thanks

Tried it again in Safari on the demo site. This is what happens since my memory last night with no sleep is not as good as it should be....

Click on CSS Library to close the menu
    The menu closes the CSS Library section
    Click on CSS Library again and it expands the section and then opens the URL in the same window (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi shadekitty, you say:

Click on CSS Library to close the menu
    The menu closes the CSS Library section
    Click on CSS Library again and it expands the section and then opens the URL in the same window (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/)
    This is in fact the expected behavior when the revealtype setting is set to "clickgo" inside the intialization code. It would not be if the menu header opens a URL when upon contracting an expandable header, though it seems by your description it's doing this only upon expanding the header.

If you don't want the menu header to navigate to a URL upon expanding, you would just set to revealtype to "click" or "mouseover".
    DD Admin