Advanced Search

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrome vs. IE

Thanks

WOW!

Guys this is a lot fr me to assimilate... After a good night of sleep I decided to try out what traq suggested. Let's see where is this going to get me. Anyway, about the centering the contents issue, I manage to resole it with a

Code:
    body {
    	background-repeat: repeat;
    	background-image: url(src/fundo.jpg);
    	text-align: center;
    }
    Still, firefox is stretching to the maximum of all screen with my web site despite i specifically say that the with of the table is 1140px and doesn't recognize that the background of the menu should be green instead of white...

This is what happens if you are 11 years doing design and afterwards you decide do web design again... I'll keep you guys informed!
    Last edited by jonybigude; 03-15-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: incomplete line of thought

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Have you tried table-layout: fixed or overflow: hidden or some combination/ variation thereof?

I'm heading out right now but I'll have another look later
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

Default hummm

Well, like I said I am following your example of building up everything in CSS. Everything is going just fine, except that I can't assemble the header like I want because I'm not succeeding in making columns. God, how it is so much easier with tables too bad they don't work out... I'm reading a lot on internet and using the try and error method to try to solve my problem...

Thanks

wait, now I noticed that this was written automatically by Dreamweaver:

Code:
    <table width="1140" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="display: inline-table;">
    Is this correct, should this be like this?? I wasn't aware of this...

So, anyway, I was trying out your code (
    Code:
    table-layout: fixed or overflow: hidden
    ) and it had only minor differences. The main problem is really firefox, on IE the only thing bothering me is really a very small grey frame in the background that I have no clue where is it coming from...
    Last edited by jonybigude; 03-15-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: incomplete line of thought

Thanks

Talking Things are getting better, finally!

Finally, I manage to turn things in my favor (thanks to your help!)!

You can see here the final result so far and there are only some annoying bugs left that I will try out to solve.

One that I wonder (and cannot find solution for) is that in IE the menu doesn't appear aligned with the logo while it works perfectly for Chrome and Firefox. My problem is that 99% (estimated value) of the people who are ging to see the website use IE...

Any suggestions are pretty much welcome!!

I'll leave you informed and therefore I will not close this post yet!...