Advanced Search

Thread: Help with FadeSlideShow

Thanks

Default Help with FadeSlideShow

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nslideshow.htm

I have tried to use the script but just cannot get the images to appear in either FF or IE. I am obviously doing something wrong and would appreciate any advice.

http://biba.gleamingwholesale.co.uk

Many thanks
    Last edited by farrimondo; 03-12-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 3,096 Posts
    Blog Entries

Please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script(s) in question in your post. See this post for more information.

Your page is in violation of Dynamic Drive's usage terms, which, among other things, state that the script credit must appear in the source code of the page(s) using the script. Please reinstate the notice first.

That all said, your copy of fadeslideshow.js has been edited or has become corrupt. Get a fresh copy from the demo page and use it instead.

Since you're not using the descriptions, you don't need to edit it at all. I see you do have the background set to white, but you can do that in css. To do so, put this stylesheet in the head of the page:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    #i-tsleft, #i-tsleft .gallerylayer {
    	background-color: white !important;
    }
    </style>
    or put its rule in an existing stylesheet for the page.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Thanks John for your help. My apologies for breaching the rules, i honestly didnt read that notice fully. I have now put the notice back on the page and i will now download the file as you suggested.

many thanks

Thanks

John

I have taken a fresh copy of the fadeslideshow.js file from the site but it still doesnt seem to have fixed the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 3,096 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have to upload it to the proper location on the server.

biba.gleamingwholesale.co.uk/fadeslideshow.js

is now a 404 Not Found.

After you upload it, the browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

John

Thanks. I hadnt noticed I'd not shown the path to the file correctly. It should have been scripts/.. etc. Thanks for your help.

It all works fine now.