Thread: Javascript? Export/inport input

Thanks

Default Javascript? Export/inport input

Hi guys,

I need a script that runs from an external file/document, that takes some input (3-4 variables) saves it to a file, and posts it to my HTML site.

Abit confusing?

I thought it could be like:

access "prompt.html", and you'd get prompted to input f.x. Title, specific number, and a description. After filling out these prompts, you would press "ok" and the script would transfer the data to my iFrame. Via a txt document right?

Is this possible? And if it is, how would i be able to transfer from javascript input - multiple variables - and still be able to put the title, where the title goes, and the description where the description goes.

Any help on this would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

Regards Jesper

Thanks

So far I've made the prompts, and got the prompt data into a .txt file.

And I was wondering how to sort the data, if I Append data to the .txt file, the .txt file will get massive >.<

So if this text file is filled with the earlier mentioned "describtion field" entries, how can i Sort them out?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Two things -

1. Could you please post what code you have so we can work off it.

2. How are you going to save the .txt file. Javascript can't save files(with an exception of active x for Internet Explorer) so you may want to look into a server side language like php/asp.