Thread: Pc slow

Thanks

Default Pc slow

Dear sir,
    I use Win 7, my pc Dual core, ram 1Gb, I also use antivirus avast 7(updated). But my pc is slow, clicking any button take enough time. Any one help me.

Thanks

Personally, I would get rid of the antivirus software. Antivirus software such as Norton tend to do more harm than good. In your case it is taking up precious resources. You only have 1GB of ram. You should have around 3GB. What are you using your computer for? How much hard drive space to you have and how much of that is being used? Try to decrease the number of services running on your computer at the same time.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks

Is this a new computer, or have you been using it for a long time (1 year or more)?

If it is older, then I suggest backing up all of your files and reformatting. It's not uncommon for a computer to get slower as you use it longer. This is especially true if your hard drive is almost full (as you james was hinting at) because this means that everything your computer does requires searching more on the harddrive to find the right data.

You can always buy more RAM or get a faster processor, but a lot of the time this is just from using the computer a lot and making it "busy". Try to use only one program at a time if possible.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

1GB of ram is pretty low though .
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site

Thanks

It entirely depends on what you want to do with the computer. If it's being used casually (no video games, no significant graphics programs, and perhaps not too much with watching videos, etc.), then 1GB may be fine. It won't hurt to get more, though. 1GB is quite low for computers now, true.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum