Advanced Search

Thread: How to get rid of windows 7 Security virus?

Thanks

Default How to get rid of windows 7 Security virus?

I have the windows 7 security 2012 virus. I can get rid of it by doing system restore, however it always comes back shortly after. I have tried scans with avast, superantispyware, malware bites, and spy bot, I can't get rid of the thing! Please someone give me some insight on how to rid my computer of this.

norton coupon codes
    Last edited by leandrohailey; 02-16-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks

It is because a lot of malware will reside in the system restore volume.
    Read this on how to get rid of it.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...-security-2012

Make sure to follow step 1 where it says Print out these instructions...

Getting rid of that infection is a lot of work. You need to carefully follow those instructions.

Thanks

My advice is simple: if you aren't an expert at fixing these things, back up your data* and reformat your computer.

(*Backing up data can be a little dangerous because in theory the virus could copy itself into the backup. But it's at least better than continuing to use the computer without reformatting. One safer way to deal with this, if it is necessary, is to use a different operating system (eg, a mac) to go through the backup and make sure the virus isn't there. I'd only suggest bothering with that if you get reinfected once, though-- probably not worth it.)

What mlegg suggested is a good idea if you want to try to repair this. But it's hard to know if you've really done a complete job if you aren't an expert, so be careful.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espaŮol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguÍs | catalŗ | un peu de franÁais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djr33 View Post
    What mlegg suggested is a good idea if you want to try to repair this. But it's hard to know if you've really done a complete job if you aren't an expert, so be careful.
    read the highlighted part again

Thanks

Default virous

Avast is better. I use good result from this.
    My suggestion, newly setup windos XP Or 7/8, you use Deep freeze software. When you install that soft you click only main C drive. As this your C drive is locked. When you restart, for locking c drive no virus copying, so your system not miss any file, so your Pc is altimes ok.