Thanks

Default HTML 5 Drawing Board Component

1) CODE TITLE: RoCanvas

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Retro Toys

3) DESCRIPTION: HTML 5 Drawing Board Component

4) URL TO CODE: http://re.trotoys.com/article/rocanvas/

or, ATTACHED BELOW (see #3 in guidelines below):

Thanks

That's interesting and fun to play with for a few minutes, but can you explain how it would be useful on a website? I don't see how that is any more useful than, for example, a Flash game that you can embed on your site.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Example of using it is our own Draw a robot app http://re.trotoys.com/drawarobot
    It's more fun than anything else, but maybe some would use it for something more serious. For example letting customers quickly sketch their idea for logo and submitting to you etc

Thanks

The fact that it works so well to create an image that can be saved is impressive and really might be useful. The downside is that it is so inaccurate-- my robot looks like something a 4 year old would draw. I'm not sure what the solution is there.
    However, as a starting point, I like this script. It seems useful also for any sort of quick-and-easy illustration for a blog, forum, whatever. In fact, even (in theory) on this forum it might be helpful as an option to show how the logic works for a system or where on the webpage something should go.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

I guess the solution to better drawing is to add pre-defined lines and shapes. It's in the plans for the future

Thanks
    Blog Entries

One quick note,
    Are you ever going to make it IE compatible?
    Because I went on there and all I got was

Sorry, your browser doesn't support canvas. Please download a modern browser like Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari.

Keyboard1333

Thanks

Making this compatible with IE would require completely remaking an IE-only version of it (which would not work in other browsers, so you'd need both), and it might not be able to have all of the same functions. In this case, I think it's a pretty good excuse for not making it IE compatible. And luckily, fewer and fewer people are using IE now.

Thanks

Sorry, can't make it IE compatible until IE starts to support HTML5 properly. I believe in the newer versions they will handle it.