Thread: Glittering links on mouse over

Thanks

Default Glittering links on mouse over

Hello

I need a script,

On moving my mouse on a link or button, it should glitter or shine..

thanks

Thanks

That's not literally possible. How would you like to simulate it? Change color or flash between colors? Underline? Become bigger? Have some sort of "glow" around them (by using a different background color)?

The simplest version would be to have the :hover pseudoclass in CSS to change any basic text properties. But that will only work for <a> tags and may not be enough for what you want.

And if you want animation (or more control) you'll need to do it with Javascript. I think there are some scripts around that are similar to what you're looking for, but give us more information if you can't what you want specifically.

The only way to make this truly look like it is made of "glitter" or for it shine would be to use an animated image, I think. Flash could do this, or you could use an animated gif. But that gets a little more complicated than just JS or CSS.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I completly agree with Daniel. I'm just adding an example of a glow effect incase thats what you want.

This will work with all the major browsers except IE (Internet Explorer)

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <style type="text/css">
    #text 
    {
    font-size:30px;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <a href="" id="text" onmouseover="this.style.textShadow='0 0 10px Red'" onmouseout="this.style.textShadow=''">Hover Me</a>
    </body>
    </html>