Thread: Javascript for calling function into form

Thanks

Default Javascript for calling function into form

Hello,

This is not actually related to scripts from dynamicdrive and am not sure if this is the right place to post but i thought i would be able to get some help here. I was actually able to get THIS script working, but because i'm using <fieldset> to group my forms and by trying to display the Your total is: somewhere before the </fieldset> closing tag on 3 out of 5 steps of the order form, the code appeared 3 times in the form tag which disabled the script, so i was wondering if there was a better way of displaying on all 3 steps without pasting the code multiple times, maybe in a seperate box Thanks..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

The script can probably be modified to do that. Here's one way:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/form_6_h.htm

If that's not what you have in mind, it will be much easier to get it right if we can see what you're describing. In that effort, please put up a demo of:

using <fieldset> to group my forms and by trying to display the Your total is: somewhere before the </fieldset> closing tag on 3 out of 5 steps of the order form, the code appeared 3 times in the form tag which disabled the script
    and either paste it's code into a post or give us a link to it.

It doesn't have to work. It will give us a better idea of what you're going for.

If you paste it into a post, please enclose code in:

[CODE]
    code goes here
    [/C
    ODE]

tags so it looks like so:

Code:
    code goes here
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 02-08-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: add possible solution as demo
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate