Thread: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.5) Submenu Placement

Thanks

Question Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.5) Submenu Placement

1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: In the horizontal version of the smooth navigation menu, I want to create about a 10px space between the top-level menu bar and where the sub menu appears below it...so that they're not touching.

In this example (http://barronbixler.com/dev/) you'll see in the upper right corner how the menu will appear. I want the submenu to align right at the top edge of the white border around the main image.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I tinkered around with this on my own site and did not find a solution. May I suggest you add a "blank" submenu item (may need a   ) before the other submenu items?

Thanks

As I have a problem which relates to the Smooth menu sub-menu, I thought I'd post it here, if that's ok?....

I can't change font colour for sub-menu items! Although there is a color: selector under .ddsmoothmenu ul li ul li a it has no effect, the colour just seems to inherit from the top level .ddsmoothmenu ul li a....?

This means that if I have a dark colour font in my top level menu, but want a light colour font against a dark background for the sub-menus (drop down)....I can't have it! The dark colour of the top level menu persists into the sub-menu!

Annoying.

Also annoying is a nasty right border in the sub-menus that I can't get rid of, even with a transparent background and shadows disabled....

It's a lovely script, but the CSS lets it down and is clunky.

Hugh